Solved help me!!! my linux is down

Solved issue
Status
Not open for further replies.

datnguyen

Reaction score
Credits
I just install kde desktop on linux mint then I try to run it but fail sao I delete kde and then I remove "Lightdm" then my computer shutdown i try to turn it on but fail
Note:i have a snapshot,can i use it to restore

Try. Ctrl+Alt+T. this should open a terminal, then run sudo apt update && apt --fix-missing

Use the snapshot if you can. "Deleting" KDE is serious. Do not delete anything unjudiciously which has to do with a desktop or window manager.

Use the snapshot if you can. "Deleting" KDE is serious. Do not delete anything unjudiciously which has to do with a desktop or window manager.
i think i delete the kde desktop but i use linux mint
fu*k now it really broken i can't turn on my into linux mint
My computer just run linux and now i just have a Mobile phone to dry

Try. Ctrl+Alt+T. this should open a terminal, then run sudo apt update && apt --fix-missing
i can go to here what should I do next, I think t delete my desktop so it can't turn on properly

Attachments

• IMG_20230608_060854.jpg
    IMG_20230608_060854.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 176
What exactly happens? What can you see? Presumably something powers up.
i can go to here what should I do next, I think t delete my desktop so it can't turn on properly

Attachments

• IMG_20230608_060854.jpg
    IMG_20230608_060854.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 164
No need to double-post like that, take it easy datnguyen.

You might have to reinstall the operating system. After that next time resist temptation with uninstalling something you think shouldn't be around.

Otherwise that looks like the GRUB menu for Linux Mint. Select one of the options listed to see what happens. The second option might allow you to choose to boot into the OS with an older kernel than the "regular" one installed.

Không cần phải đăng đôi như vậy, bình tĩnh nào datnguyen.

Bạn có thể phải cài đặt lại hệ điều hành. Sau lần đó, hãy chống lại sự cám dỗ bằng cách gỡ cài đặt thứ gì đó mà bạn cho rằng không nên có.

Mặt khác, nó trông giống như menu GRUB cho Linux Mint. Chọn một trong các tùy chọn được liệt kê để xem điều gì sẽ xảy ra. Tùy chọn thứ hai có thể cho phép bạn chọn khởi động vào HĐH với kernel cũ hơn kernel "thông thường" đã cài đặt.
it still not working. it click it and go to lego then it go to black screen
i have a snapshot but i can't go in to restore it
help me!!!

What snapshot do you have ?....is this from Timeshift?

you didn't answer my question.

Which app made the Snapshot ?....was it Timeshift?...or some other app?....name of the app?

The OP is using Linux Mint Mate, which has Timeshift installed.

He could do with reading this

https://www.linuxliteos.com/manual/tutorials.html#timeshiftrestore

and if that looks familiar to him, then he will likely need to perform the task using the USB stick he used to install Linux Mint by choosing Timeshift from the Menu.

Wiz

Other than that, he might be better off installing a fresh Mint over the one now broken, and then start a Thread asking what he needs to do to install KDE Desktop or other on it.

Hi,

you can download SystemRescue Disk.
(https://www.system-rescue.org/) boot from it an take a look in the logs to find the source of your problem. If erverything fails you can mount your original os, backup your userfiles reinstall your system an restore your backup.

Valid suggestions, but likely well beyond the OP's capabilities at the present time.

Cheers

Wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts