Help me Please with installing a Browser-package

endruschat100

Reaction score
Credits
My Problem is,i'm helpless with the midori-web Browser for Mageia-Distribution...
I could only describe the Situation:i extracted the package called -"core-7.zip" in the opt-folder...
There are many folders and Files,but i'm
Grateful for helpfull Tipps for this
Thanks

You can just install midori using your distribution's package manager which will place the files in the correct locations for you, no need to download and extract anything yourself. So with Mageia I would expect it to be this.
Code:
sudo urpmi install midori

Maybe there is some mistake:
A error-report Like:"No package named Install"
Warning:setting locale failed
I suggest a Troubleshooting Problem with language setting& Keyboard Layout
The folders core-7 ist in the opt-folder

I made a mistake I think since I'm not very familiar with that package manager, try this.
Code:
urpmi midori

That's Looks good,but in the Konsole is the Report
"Please Insert the medium named 'core-release-(installer)' "
I really inexpierenced...

Seems like you are a new comer to Linux and you didn't pick one of the more popular distributions for beginners. I haven't used the package manager for the distribution you are using so I have to look it up myself as well, I did forget one part in my last reply. Can you run this instead and share what happens now?
Code:
sudo urpmi midori

Thats right i'm new with the system,but sorry i See the Same Report again.
You mean,i should Install another distribution?

You don't have to, you can do whatever you want but if you run one of the more well known beginner distributions more people will be more able to help you because there are a lot more people that run something Ubuntu or Debian based. I could probably help you find an answer for the distribution you are using but I would have to look up myself as well since I have no experience with the package manager Mageia uses.
Can you share the output of the following?
Code:
urpmq --list-media active --list-url

Hi,good morning,i waked Up at 5pm,and this list,you've written Yesterday,i See what IT spit Out much Text,because i write this later, because i'm currently online with a handy, sorry.

I would Like to ASK,If the manjaro-distribution is a better distribution that the Mageia-Distribution?
Maybe i could make a Update?

I've uploaded Here the Output.
And i could read this Wikipedia-links.
Thank you die the First time

Attachments

• urpmq1.html
    7.5 KB · Views: 286
ok,i have now the opportunity to try to install the manjaro-distribution on a other device.
this device is dispensable,so it is no risk.
can someone write a tipp,to deinstall a distribution?
i believe,that linux leaves behind windows his senses(grub),i have no idea to get away this,
only with a windows-bootable-usb-stick,and erase the disks
but i will found a light solution

The device is Not combatible with manjaro-distribution,because the device is to old.
I've installed the Neptune-distribution only Windows,the Webbrowser palemoon and supertux works,but the rpm-packages from Openoffice i couldn't Install them.
And IT seems that i don't have any rights to created or Paste Something in folders Like opt or usr

the rpm-packages from Openoffice i couldn't Install them
Neptune is based on Debian, and Debian uses .deb pkgs, not .rpm, those are for other distros like openSUSE or Fedora. To get access to such folders like /opt or /usr, you need to use sudo, i.e. sudo cp my_file /opt A word of warning though, messing around with system's important directories like /usr may have disastrous consequences if done careless, and you don't know what you're doing, which seems to be your case, so I advise you not to. What do you need to "put" into /usr? There may be a safer way.

I will try to get in the opt-folder again,thanks.
I should See downloading Openoffice again,which what you write with Other files-methods.
And and in which folders i can Paste Files,and which Not?

Just choose the appropriate .deb file for your system, 32bit or 64bit. https://www.openoffice.org/download/
ksnip_20210802-104301.png

You can copy/paste files in your /home folder without needing special permissions, for anywhere else, you need root privileges, either by using sudo or becoming root yourself. However, given the fact that you said you're new to Linux, I'd advise you to get familiar with the system first and how Linux works before diving into such procedures, as they can be risky, once you know your way around it, and are quite confident and knowledgeable enough, then you may try to copy/paste stuff into those important, sensible directories, but for now, I really think you should refrain yourself from doing so, or if you still want to go that route, install timeshift https://www.linux.org/threads/timeshift-similar-solutions-safeguard-recover-your-linux.15241/ backup your system, should anything go wrong, you can easily restore it to a previous working state.

Members online