help with choosing a platform and installing MATLAB

You're welcome. :)

I believe that would be best left to a known trusting mechanic with an expensive scan tool.
Aah yes, the trusting mechanic with the scan tool (part of the cost became mine I assume) scammed me with a tool.

G'day Ryan :):)

If you swing over to Off Topic, you could start a Thread there. We used to have a number of car enthusiasts here over the last couple of years, I could track a couple and "ping them" if they are still around.

Friday here in Oz so

Avagudweegend, all

Wizard

G'day Ryan :):)

If you swing over to Off Topic, you could start a Thread there. We used to have a number of car enthusiasts here over the last couple of years, I could track a couple and "ping them" if they are still around.

Friday here in Oz so

Avagudweegend, all

Wizard
Aah hang on amigo. Technically it is not off topic. Matlab has a large amount of packages dealing with nothing but the sensors and SAE communication protocols beginning in the year 1996. Linux is the choice for data collection,analysis, manipulation, for that piece of rf emitting junk you drive. I have the license for matlab, but I also have the keys to lots of specialty packages ranging from radio toolboxes, to automotive hall effect sensors, plus packages into simulink for 'plugging into' the 127 sensors that prevent a perfectly good motor from starting.

All due respect but a linux installation geared to a matlab/simulink combo for the automotive years 2020 and on, not to mention somebody that gives a damn about your peice of mind, may be all that keeps you off a horse.

SO IN CONCLUSION I CANNOT TALK TO MY SENSORS WITH MY TEST EQUIPMENT BECAUSE I AM HAVING A VERY HARD TIME INSTALLING CORRECTLY A COMMAND LINE INTERFACE OF LINUX WITH (GOD HELP US ALL THE RAT INFESTED THIRD PARTY STUFF THATS USEFUL.) IN A AREA WIDE NETWORK THAT IS YES MORE INTRUSIVE THAN A TELEPHONE CALL IN PRISON.

Members online