Hi! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Dumpling

Reaction score
Credits
dabwc6k-8e68bcbe-b295-40d0-8a3b-6659ed60227e.png

You can call me Dumpling (For now). Drawing is my hobby and I started exploring Linux when I wanted to learn more about open source softwares. Prior to Linux my main OS was Windows (I still use it to play games sometimes) also, I have since childhood loved Mac OS's Docker and aesthetics so, my favorite Distros happen to be:

1)
Elementary OS (for Mac Look)
2)
Zorin (For Windows Look)

Other then using Linux for alternate art softwares, I enjoy tinkering with Linux's themes and other features. Currently I'm trying to learn the Linux terminal. Back then, terminals/CLI was something I was afraid of, and I'm also experimenting with the KDE Desktop Environment.

Also, here is a Old Drawing of Me (I'm kind of a feminine guy :oops:):

Me

That's it for now so once again, Nice to meet you all on Linux.org!

8c79a8ce9ef2a3c0d84df0dff27170d570cca753_hq.gif

And likewise from DownUnder :)

have since childhood loved Mac OS's Docker

It's safe to conclude that you're fairly young (compared to many of us here).

Your artwork is pretty good, I think. I can barely crop or add arrows and text.

It's safe to conclude that you're fairly young (compared to many of us here).

Your artwork is pretty good, I think. I can barely crop or add arrows and text.

Thanks! :D and probably? (I'm currently doing my college)

Welcome to the community @Dumpling! What kind of Art do you enjoy drawing/making and what software do you use for creating your Art? What games do you play and lastly and the most important question, what is your favorite type of pizza? :D

Last edited:
Welcome to the community @Dumpling! What kind of Art do you enjoy drawing/making and what software do you use for creating your Art? What games do you play and lastly and the most important question, what is your favorite type of pizza? :D

First of all, thanks! :D

1) My favourite art software is Autodesk Sketchbook Pro! I like because of it's simplistic UI and has all the tools I require like, perspective tool and staberlizer and it's free!

(Unfortunately it's still not on Linux)

My favourite Linux art software is Krita! I also would have loved My Paint but it's kind of glitchy (and I was never able to get GIMP working properly for drawing)

2) I'm a pretty late bloomer in drawing (nor I particularly see it as a career) I usually like drawing in any style (which is not realistic) I like drawing myself or doing pixel art and Tatoo (also Henna Tatoo) designs.

Another fact which may seem strange is that I'm not a cartoon or movie fan as such... But I occasionally try animating on Open Toonz.

3) I only like playing retro or casual games. Doom, Heretic are the only types of FPS I enjoy playing.

I also enjoy side-scrollers like Jazz Jackrabbit and Captain Claws.

But my most favorite game of all time is definitely The Sims 3! :)

4) Since I'm a vegetarian, I'm fine with any veggie topping on pizza, and I like extremely cheesy pizzas! (I highly disapprove of pineapples on my pizza)

No, I agree ... pineapple ... yum

Hawaiian style pizza is delicious!

Pineapple on a pizza is a sin!

Welcome and G'day @Dumpling
Like your art work, better at it than what I am.
As for pizza toppings it is all a matter of personal choice but for me I dinna mind a bit of ananas on me pizza unlike @f33dm3bits.

dabwc6k-8e68bcbe-b295-40d0-8a3b-6659ed60227e.png

You can call me Dumpling (For now). Drawing is my hobby and I started exploring Linux when I wanted to learn more about open source softwares. Prior to Linux my main OS was Windows (I still use it to play games sometimes) also, I have since childhood loved Mac OS's Docker and aesthetics so, my favorite Distros happen to be:

1)
Elementary OS (for Mac Look)
2)
Zorin (For Windows Look)

Other then using Linux for alternate art softwares, I enjoy tinkering with Linux's themes and other features. Currently I'm trying to learn the Linux terminal. Back then, terminals/CLI was something I was afraid of, and I'm also experimenting with the KDE Desktop Environment.

Also, here is a Old Drawing of Me (I'm kind of a feminine guy :oops:):

View attachment 8182

That's it for now so once again, Nice to meet you all on Linux.org!

8c79a8ce9ef2a3c0d84df0dff27170d570cca753_hq.gif

I'm interested in learning drawing, painting etc. Can you help??

How are you doing the drawing @Dumpling have you some usb attached Wacom device ?

I use Wacom Cintiq (16 inch) to draw, you need a Nvidia graphics card in order to see the screen on the cintiq, and another graphics card to see your main monitor if the Nvidia card doesn't come with two ports for each monitor.

Wacom Cintiq must be connected at all time to a existing pc to see the display, it doesn't have an inbuilt operating system.

However I'm not sure if graphic cards other than Nvidia will work with cintiq. And if you want to use Wacom tablets on Linux make sure to use the Gnome desktop environment for best result/experience.

KDE desktop environment glitches and misbehaves a lot with my cintiq so I don't recommend it.

Once again sorry for the misunderstanding
That is Ok! I also come from down under it is an expression from what I understand is derived from our past colonial connections to Blighty ( Eng) but unlike my compatriots @Condobloke and @wizardfromoz I live in the missus's homeland now, Ukraine. But the land of my birth stills whispers to me.

Members online