Hi everybody

akd

Reaction score
Credits
Hi, I'm new user in the forum, even if using linux since some time now.

Now I started tu use debian on daily use but have some issues in fine setup.

Happy to be here! :):)

G'day akd, and Welcome to linux.org

Give us some idea of the problems you are experiencing.....there is sure to be someone here who will know their way around Debian

Hi Condobloke, "minor" things, but quite annoying.

Some troubles with virtualization solution (Post opened here) and with Intel Wifi drivers (still not opened).

Besides that, it appears a good daily use system, till now.

Thank you for your welcome! :)

As a newbie to Linux I can't offer any help, but welcome!

Welcome aboard if you are using Buster - there is an issue with dpkg
Possible answer as used in Refracta eg. dpkg-reconfigure tzdata.

Quote:"darry1966: The problem is not with dpkg. The behavior of su changed when they moved it to a different source package. I've found the easiest way to restore the old behavior is to put ALWAYS_SET_PATH yes in /etc/default/su. (create the file if it doesn't exist)"

Thank everybody guys!

@darry1966 : yes I'm using buster, I will try to fix as suggested, let's see if it changes something!

Try running dpkg-reconfigure tzdata from a root terminal this is an su problem may be fine with sudo. I haven't tested sudo as I don't use it.

I am personally very disappointed that this was allowed to be released in Buster - it caused hours of fustration as it affects dpkg -i and Gdebi-gtk. If your reading this and you are the su maintainer please fix.

There is more here (and yes its says to use sudo instead :rolleyes:: https://wiki.debian.org/NewInBuster

Members online