Hi from Idaho, USA

pizzipie

Reaction score
Credits
Hi all,

My name is Rick and I go by pizzipie. I have been a Linux user since about 1997. I had received an unsolicited disk from Microsoft containing the newest version of Internet Explorer. I installed it and my computer quit working. I called them for help, as I had done many times before, (actually talking to someone), and was told that for $35 they would help me install the disk they sent me. I re-formatted the HD and went from there. BUY BUY MS.

I have worked my way up to Ubuntu 18.04 and shortly 20.04. I just got done building my first computer and am trying to work my way through the little? problems that seem to go along with installing new hardware in Linux. I have used Linux Questions in the past and just happily discovered Linux.org. Look forward to meeting a few of you. You folks are what makes Linux possible to work with! !!!

Thanks for the welcome,

R

G'day Rick, Welcome to linux.org

That was a great marketing ploy by msoft...send a disc....make the machine unbootable etc.....then charge to rectify the problem !

We can answer most questions, mate.

Hang around and enjoy the company here.

G'day again, Rick and another welcome from another Aussie :)

Brian @Condobloke and I "met" 6 years ago in about 10 days, at another Forum I describe as "Stalag 13 but without the humour". We've been here 3 years last May, and met some wonderful, friendly people, and some "brains trust" whose skills make my eyes go o_O, but we learn from them.

Enjoy your Linux

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Welcome aboard, enjoy our community, enjoy the great company you'll find here.

Daz is from New Zealand.

Now all we need is South Africa and we have a good representation from the Southern Hemisphere (well, at least Commonwealth Countries ;)).

Hey, @lekkerlinux ... you about? Come and say Hi.

Hello Rick, Welcome to the forums. Great to have you here! :)

Members online