Hi, im new to linux. Just switched from windows to Regata os. Need help configuring internet.

Welcome to the Forum.
m0135.gif

Well, what are you doing with bcm43xx-firmware.ymp when you download it?

You said
I was installing it through software manager. But wouldn't let me.

The software manager is where I was having errors through. Though that might be cause of internet not connected.

Where does the download file go too? Do I extract it?

Last edited:
Good morning [or not as the case may be] after grubbing around I found this on the SUSE wiki pages, It reminded me why I didn't keep any Suse based systems on my drives, non-free drivers are not included and can be a pain to install

I'm not sure about Regata but in openSuse you will have to install the Broadcom-wl driver that is not in the openSuse repository. You would have to enable Packman repositories. And you would have to be connected to the internet at least temporarily via a Ethernet cable.
This page explains how to activate the Packman repositories.

As I said not sure if this is the same way that Regata does it. But worth a try.
Good luck.

I'm not sure about Regata but in openSuse you will have to install the Broadcom-wl driver that is not in the openSuse repository. You would have to enable Packman repositories. And you would have to be connected to the internet at least temporarily via a Ethernet cable.

As I said not sure if this is the same way that Regata does it. But worth a try.
Good luck.
It doesn't show community repository.

Good morning [or not as the case may be] after grubbing around I found this on the SUSE wiki pages, It reminded me why I didn't keep any Suse based systems on my drives, non-free drivers are not included and can be a pain to install

Any other options I could do?

I have the firmware downloaded. Just need to install it somehow.

What commands do I need to use? Or can I put the file somewhere in linux?

I did use the command nmcli con up. Wont connect.

Been following videos and such.

Very interesting distro though. Linux i won't give up in. I activate this somehow. Bet there is something that needs to be turned on since its wireless desktop.

Last edited:

Welp, found a sudo command that let's you activate a network. Now I just need to fully activate it. But, I also have wifi. Are there other commands that let's you activate it wireless?

Good luck.
Hey, so it seems my spectrum app got connected to my desktop wirrless. After I find lot of services weren't on boot. So I set the ones I need on boot. Now its connected.

But it seems to be stuck on kernel time schronization.

Is there a way to fix or turn that off?

Or do I wait tell it finishes booting up? Cause I have a amd ryzen 7 1800x eight core processor. How long does it take? It says 1 of 2. Idk what that means.

Staff online

Members online