Hi, im new to linux. Just switched from windows to Regata os. Need help configuring internet.

TalionRanger117

Reaction score
Credits
Hi, im new. Just switched from windows to regata os.

Got tired of Microsoft.

So now im in linux. Installed it on Sunday on my desktop.

Been trying to set internet. Making progress. Got the wifi setup. But, can't activated it.

How do I do that? Im overlooking it.

Is it a command in terminal or is the way to activate is in yast manager? Or?

What to do?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Welcome to the forums.

Have you set up password and pressed connect?

For the benefit of potential helpers, Regata originates in Brasil and is based on openSUSE.

Good luck @TalionRanger117 and welcome to linux.org :)

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Welcome to the forums,
you do not say what kit you are using, so i will assume a laptop,
Have you got the correct driver installed for the WI_FI card?
Sometimes when you make an installation of Linux it will automatically initiate a hard block [flight mode] check this is switched off.
still having problems then please install inxi and run from a terminal inxi -Nn and paste back the results

Hello @TalionRanger117,
Welcome to the Linux.org Forums, good to have you here. I'm sure there will be plenty of help for your internet problem. Be patient and it will be sorted out :) Enjoy!

Welcome to the forums,
you do not say what kit you are using, so i will assume a laptop,
Have you got the correct driver installed for the WI_FI card?
Sometimes when you make an installation of Linux it will automatically initiate a hard block [flight mode] check this is switched off.
still having problems then please install inxi and run from a terminal inxi -Nn and paste back the results
Oops, I forgot to put that in.

I'm using a desktop.

Will this command work on desktops too?

Whats next?

Attachments

• 20221021_084357.jpg
    20221021_084357.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 290
Last edited:

Welcome to the forums.

Have you set up password and pressed connect?
Password? You mean for the account of regata os when login?

I have a password for my internet for spectrum.

you need to install the bcm 43 Wi-Fi drivers from the software manager,
or from the terminal
sudo apt update && apt install bcmwl-kernel-source

inxi works on most Linux distributions and all machines, when you get your Wi-Fi working you can check out your hardware by running inxi -Fnxx [but do not post this information, for posting use inxi -Fnxz the z filters sensitive information]

Last edited:
sudo apt update && apt install bcmwl-kernel-source

I believe they're using openSUSE, according to an earlier post in the thread. While it's a variation of it, I doubt they have apt installed and managing their software.

I believe they're using openSUSE,
Bugger I forgot that, I am not sure Fedora/SUSE have it in the software manager [long time since I test run any]

Bugger I forgot that, I am not sure Fedora/SUSE have it in the software manager [long time since I test run any]

Code:
sudo zypper install <package name>

Me? I have no idea. I barely know what's going on in this thread. I was just doing what I could to ensure you'd get good instructions from other people. I believe you need to install some drivers. I have no idea what those packages would be called in your distro.

G'day all - @TalionRanger117 , can you give us the text of the error? Copy and paste it rather than a picture.

I am committed to this Debian at the moment (updates) but when finished I have a Gecko Linux (openSUSE-based) and I can take a look for you.

Wizard

Members online

Latest posts