Hi. Overwhelmed Much! Don't know where to Start.

LinuxObiWan

Hi all. My computer has been stable for so long I've forgot almost everything. However, I have an ageing Laptop I want to re-purpose. It's an Acer Aspire 7730.

Anyway, I've used DBAN to Wipe it! Never used it before so not sure what I've done. I want to Install a Simple Linux based OS. It doesn't need to do anything except Networking, Surfing and showing Stock Charts. That's it. No other purpose. Maybe it can run from the USB2?? I don't know! What is Best?

I apologise for putting a post on. There's too much to read thru and I'm not even sure i understand what I'm asking so trying to find the answer is difficult.

Laptop that I have completely Wiped. Only access to Bios. Install Linux for Best Solution. Either USB or HDD.

Greatly appreciate your input. Thanks.

atanere

If by "showing stock charts" you only mean "looking at web pages" (as opposed to using a spreadsheet)... then an extremely simple Linux you might consider is Slax. It runs well on a CD or USB and contains only the most basic of tools (but enough for what you listed). The CD is easier to setup and still runs quite well. USB would be a little quicker and would allow you to install additional programs, but setting up USB is different than most Linux distros.

Cheers

Members online

Latest posts