Hi there, I want to introduce myself :-)

tinfoil-hat

Reaction score
Credits
I transitionated to a tinfoil-hat, because of 3 reasons

1) my Paranoid / Cyberpunk / Free-Software - Computing
2) my way to support Free-Speech when it comes to Software
3) I am a diagnosed with Paranoid / Schizoaffective Psychosis

My Homepage is https://tinfoil-hat.net

For the ones that want to read further into my past I have written (just the first part for now) a blogpost on how it came to my illness

On my Blogpost

I am not employed, but on a full disabillity check, I host several websites / services as a mere hobby. My pages seem very high frequented, so I guess it makes people happy, which it`s supposed to do.

I currently run proxmox on a VPS which is rented from contabo.de

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto vom 2022-01-25 07-19-16.png
    Bildschirmfoto vom 2022-01-25 07-19-16.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 292
  • Bildschirmfoto vom 2022-01-25 07-25-08.png
    Bildschirmfoto vom 2022-01-25 07-25-08.png
    98.3 KB · Views: 275

3) I am a diagnosed with Paranoid / Schizoaffective Psychosis

Heck, I can beat that ;), I have 8 disorders, and they still made me a Mod, then a SuperMod, and now an Administrator ... go figure.

We have a Thread here in Off Topic

https://www.linux.org/threads/mental-well-being-and-coping-strategies.29492/

that one of our friends started, and in Post 2 I list what I have.

Feel free to poke your nose in there if you feel like sharing.

Other than that, G'day from DownUnder, welcome and enjoy your Linux.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

I currently run proxmox on a VPS which is rented from contabo.de
Welcome to the forums @tinfoil-hat!! Great to have you here! Didn't know you could run a hypervisor on top of a vps since the hypervisor needs virtualization support in order for it to run vm's and didn't think has virtualization support to run other vm's. I think I did try it once on my home pc with qemu/kvm but it didn't run very well then, how's the performance of that for you?

Welcome to the forums
kick off your shoes, grab a beer, sit back and enjoy the ride

Bwiz

Welcome to the forums @tinfoil-hat!! Great to have you here! Didn't know you could run a hypervisor on top of a vps since the hypervisor needs virtualization support in order for it to run vm's and didn't think has virtualization support to run other vm's. I think I did try it once on my home pc with qemu/kvm but it didn't run very well then, how's the performance of that for you?
Howdy, I have written a wiki article about this at https://wiki.tinfoil-hat.net/books/proxmox/page/proxmox-exposed-host Proxmox is based on Debian, and you can by adding the Proxmox apt repo install it ontop of Debian. Most VPSs don't support KVM, because they are themselves virtualised, so you have to get a provider, which supports Nested Virtualisation or a Bare Metal Rootserver. But I did something different, I just use LXC which is a para-virtualisation and refer to the services via Nginx reverse Proxy, works well for me. my performance is doing okish, I just don't have the money to do what I would like to host, so the setup is very cramped for my server

Hey, look in site announcements to understand the rules. I had to decline one of your posts as political content is strictly off limits. See the discussion thread (linked in the announcement) if you have any questions.

Welcome!
We welcome weird contributors!
-- from a former PDXer with a Powell's bumper sticker!

Members online

Latest posts