Hi

Is this irrelevant?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Musicguy32

Reaction score
Credits
Whenever I am at school, I slowly start to miss my Linux computer. So I thought that I would use my school iPad to make a pages template for a fake terminal!
Here’s the link. Let me know if it has expired.
iOS pages Linux terminal template.

I’m putting a poll above. If you think this post is irrelevant, please let me know in that poll, and I will never post anything like this ever again.

G'day and Welcome !

I have zero to little idea what you are trying to achieve.....but it all looks rather cool !

G'day and Welcome !

I have zero to little idea what you are trying to achieve.....but it all looks rather cool !
I wanted to recreate the aesthetic of the Linux terminal in iOS pages

iOS is a Unix OS.....therefore the command line is 99.9% the same as any Linux distribution. (bash is your default shell and you can compile all of the same programs and utilities).

Am i close....or have I just taken a sharp turn to the left ? :)

iOS is a Unix OS.....therefore the command line is 99.9% the same as any Linux distribution. (bash is your default shell and you can compile all of the same programs and utilities).

Am i close....or have I just taken a sharp turn to the left ? :)
There is no built in command line whatsoever. And it wasn’t well made for developers, because you have to apply to join a program.

When I went to school we used tablets.

https://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/5203729/il_570xN.342445342.jpg

And we used a calculator.
http://www.sliderule.ca/ecobraf.jpg

Neither one ever fail during a test.

Sorry I was being facetious.

I'm still not use to people using tablets / iPads / laptops in the classroom.

Sorry I was being facetious.

I'm still not use to people using tablets / iPads / laptops in the classroom.
Fair enough.

I voted No, but it becomes irrelevant by #12, if not before.

I note that you have found Member Introductions, so I will swing over there to say Hi.

BTW a tip - don't click the Reply button at bottom right unless you have a need to quote an entire Post.

Use the Point in the empty window pane at bottom where it says "Write your reply".

If you want to quote just a bit of a Post, drag your cursor over the relevant part, and it highlights, then let go and Reply appears click that, as exampled below

What do you think of my new signature, by the way?

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Members online