HML based Customer Registration and SSH console?

siconic

Reaction score
Credits
My google foo is pretty good, but I cannot find anything that provides an HTML based SSH console for customers.

My intent is to stand up small instances of VM's, and while I may need more knowledge on some security aspects, I want to offer small Ununtu LXC containers for people to mess with that have a valid account, be it friends, family, or people I run across. I would manually provision, and put behind a firewall (with only access to the web), but then somehow attach to the users account they can create, and allow them to login via web browser.

Is there a free out of the box solution, or are most homegrown?

Thanks!

You could install cockpit, that would give a webinterface for your system and then there is a terminal option in the web-interface. The rights of the user within the terminal location would depend on the rights you gave that user on the system where cockpit is installed but it doesn't have a registration option, It looks like this.
Screenshot_20230110_084255.png

If you want to use 443 instead of 9090 I would think it should be possible to put it behind a reverse proxy as well.
If that is not what you want you could also have a look at the following project, not sure what it is exactly.

Last edited:
Thanks a ton for the reply! I will investigate.

So, are most registration based VM provisioning type automated systems homegrown then?

My google foo is pretty good, but I cannot find anything that provides an HTML based SSH console for customers.

My intent is to stand up small instances of VM's, and while I may need more knowledge on some security aspects, I want to offer small Ununtu LXC containers for people to mess with that have a valid account, be it friends, family, or people I run across. I would manually provision, and put behind a firewall (with only access to the web), but then somehow attach to the users account they can create, and allow them to login via web browser.

Is there a free out of the box solution, or are most homegrown?

Thanks!

Hi,

you can use shell in a box.

Its a little bit oldschool but it works.

Members online

Latest posts