How can I install windows audio driver in Mint, newer computer

I've seen a couple of tutorials here and there and none of them looked like more than 15 minutes worth of work. I've never needed to do so personally.

I've seen a couple of tutorials here and there and none of them looked like more than 15 minutes worth of work. I've never needed to do so personally.
very cool, I've been searching, a couple other members gave me some good ideas. I stated previously that ironically there has been almost no static, or crackling from my audio today, lol

LOL It could be a lose connection somewhere that causes static. It could even be something as mundane as unshielded cables. All sorts of things can cause static.

Hmm... Come to think of it, that's a bit of a troubleshooting mistake on my (our, really) part. I immediately left to it being a computer issue when really it's static in audio - capable of being caused by more than just faulty drivers or some other computer-related issue.

As an absolute noob, the link looks kind of daunting, that being said, I've had very little crackling noises from my audio today. But I doubt it will be gone forever, so WHEN it returns, I'll try your link.

I appreciate the assistance from all you fine folks.
If you are still wanting to try it I can try it out vm this weekend and then try to write out the steps here, you are running Linux Mint currently right?

Members online