How can I reinstall the GRUB? Thanks!

JackZong

Reaction score
Credits
Hi, because of the power off, the Debian could not in. It stop at “grub>”.
And how could I reinstall the grub, but the install will not cover the original system.
For now I know it could use the setup CD to recover the grub, but I don't know very clearly. Could you please help me? Thanks very much!

You may want this link:

Follow those steps.

But... We don't know that reinstalling GRUB will resolve your problem. You could also look here:

Thanks very much for your reply KGIII!

I have tried to reinstall the grub. There is no reinstall the option. Then I used a USB disk on the machine, which is "sdd4". It shows "Reinstall GRUB boot loader". Then it show this:

Best Regards.

Attachments

• WeChat Image_20201210104318.jpg
    WeChat Image_20201210104318.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 367
  • WeChat Image_20201210103822.jpg
    WeChat Image_20201210103822.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 392
  • WeChat Image_20201210103813.jpg
    WeChat Image_20201210103813.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 355
I really, really wish that gave a more verbose error message. Hopefully someone here will recognize it and know where to go from here.

It would appear that you were having problems back in September with grub, and the debian install

Is there a possibility that you could reinstall yet again ?

perhaps try another distro ?

Tell us a little of the history since you started trying Linux etc

@JackZong G'day

With the 2nd screenshot, what happens when you choose the option "Reinstall Grub Bootloader"?

Wizard

It would appear that you were having problems back in September with grub, and the debian install

Is there a possibility that you could reinstall yet again ?

perhaps try another distro ?

Tell us a little of the history since you started trying Linux etc
last time, I just reistall it. But this time I don't want to, cause there are many datas on it. :(

cause there are many datas on it.

*IF* you end up doing so, boot to a live USB and preserve the /home/<your_username>/ directory. You should already have a good backup, but that will help if needed.

If you get into the OS and want a list of the software you installed, see this link:

Disclosure, the site is mine.

Members online