How do I get rid off vmlinuz

skarthikraja_

Reaction score
Credits
I've installed the chrome OS flex on my 3 years old laptop and it booted up well but it goes blank after booting.... I can't even install windows again on the laptop it boots up Chrome OS even if I plug my booted pendrive with windows 10. I've Removed the hard drive and formatted it in a PC and it still shows the same while booting.(please refer image attached) Please help me resolve this

Attachments

• IMG_20220220_211912.jpg
    IMG_20220220_211912.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 775

Don't just re-format. Rebuild the partition table.
You can do this with most "Live" Linux USB sticks and gParted.

Sorry I am not clairvoyant, what is the make and model of your laptop, what OS did it originally come with?

OK. To re-install W10, first you need to make a bootable medium [as you would for Linux] your W10 download needs to be "burnt" to the USB as a bootable image using Rufus or Etcher not copied across, if you have a good clean ISO then don't worrie about vmlonuz as your W10 install should wipe out everything on the harddrive , put the pen drive in the USB then switch on whilst jiggling the short [quick] boot key ,
look down find the USB drive and click on and enter, w10 should now start to load, once it is loaded you will need to re-start then switch the windows fast boot back on, in the full Bios menu,
word of warning, I do not know if W10 comes with all the necessary motherboard drivers, you may have to search the net and download the correct ones for your particular machine and install them

Members online

Latest posts