How do I stop audio outputs switching?

stratblue

Reaction score
Credits
Hi.

Whenever I plug in a new audio source/destination the system output switches to it so I have to go into 'sound' and switch it back. I have gone into /etc/pulse/default.pa and added the single hash to the line '#load-module module-switch-on-port-available' and saved it using Vim (Vi?) but it hasn't made any difference so obviously I have misunderstood something. If anyone can enlighten me that would be brilliant.

Last edited:

I know someone here knows something. What about you? Yes you, at the back, don't be shy.

Ulp!........no one......?

Ulp!........no one......?

That's not very promising, is it?

I can't help you myself, but you could tell us the Distro you are using, and some specs for your rig.

I wouldn't regard this as a Bump, as you have had to wait 2 weeks.

Good luck

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

That's not very promising, is it?

I can't help you myself, but you could tell us the Distro you are using, and some specs for your rig.

I wouldn't regard this as a Bump, as you have had to wait 2 weeks.

Good luck

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz
Hey Chris. Not very promising is right! All the specs are in my signature: Gigabyte Z490 UD + Intel Core i7-10700K 3.80GHz LGA1200 + 16Gig Ram + 480 Gig Sandisk SSD + Elementary O.S 6.1 Jolnir.

Try setting a default audio device as which was the solution in this topic which seems similar so that might work in your situation as well. The solution is linked to an answer here I can't guarantee that it will work but it's worth a try.

Try setting a default audio device as which was the solution in this topic which seems similar so that might work in your situation as well. The solution is linked to an answer here I can't guarantee that it will work but it's worth a try.
Thanks for that, I'm a Linux noob so plenty to dig into there, I'll have some time free soon. I'll report back.

Members online