How do you start Skype on Ubuntu 11.10?

L

Lorgoyf

I installed it, but whenever I click on the icon in the task bar, it just flashes a couple of times and nothing happens. I researched on google and this problem seems to be wide spread, can you guys please help me out? :(

Skype on ubuntu

I installed it, but whenever I click on the icon in the task bar, it just flashes a couple of times and nothing happens. I researched on google and this problem seems to be wide spread, can you guys please help me out? :(

HI,

You can open skype by going to main the dash menu shortcut on the launcher--search for skype, then double click open the application from there.

It works this way for me, hope this works for you as well.

Thanks,
Vipin

You may be getting an error that you can't see or drops off the screen too quickly. Try starting skype from the command line and see if you can see an error.

very simple! ..just download the package (for Ubuntu, download *.deb file) from the official website - http://www.skype.com/intl/en/g... and open it with Ubuntu Software Center or install from command line.

Yes you can.
Get the required packages from Synaptic Package Manager, install.
Look at the Ubuntu Forums for detailed instructions on that, it is rather simple.

Members online