How install Nvidia driver 460 in Ubuntu 20.04.2 ?

The 455 driver should also work for your device. Check here and then under the tab "Supported Products"
GeForce 600 Series:
GeForce GTX 690, GeForce GTX 680, GeForce GTX 670, GeForce GTX 660 Ti, GeForce GTX 660, GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST, GeForce GTX 650 Ti, GeForce GTX 650, GeForce GTX 645, GeForce GT 640, GeForce GT 635, GeForce GT 630

Thanks for your help, but I need to say again
NOT is possible install ANY driver version in 20.04.2 thus also is about proprietary drivers and from nvidia.
The driver not is installed because DKMS 460 not is compatible with kernel 5.8 and also not is possible install gcc.
Temporary solution is return to 20.04 and wait an fix for DKMS and other dependences.

Thanks for your help, but I need to say again
NOT is possible install ANY driver version in 20.04.2 thus also is about proprietary drivers and from nvidia.
The driver not is installed because DKMS 460 not is compatible with kernel 5.8 and also not is possible install gcc.
Temporary solution is return to 20.04 and wait an fix for DKMS and other dependences.
Can you explain why you can't install any driver version because your graphics card is supported by that driver version(455)? I installed Lubuntu in a vm and I was able to install the 460 driver(with dkms) and I didn't run into any errors.
tux@lubuntu:~$ lsb_release -a
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS
Release: 20.04
Codename: focal
tux@lubuntu:~$ uname -a
Linux lubuntu 5.8.0-41-generic #46~20.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Mon Jan 18 17:52:23 UTC 2021 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
tux@lubuntu:~$ dpkg --list | grep "nvidia-" | awk -F" " '{ print $2 }' | grep ^nvidia
nvidia-compute-utils-460
nvidia-dkms-460
nvidia-driver-460
nvidia-kernel-common-460
nvidia-kernel-source-460
nvidia-prime
nvidia-settings
nvidia-utils-460

Simple
Lubuntu fresh install 20.04.2
After using "Additional Drivers" selecting in list ANY driver not does download the driver displaying message error about dependences that not will be installed "460 driver dependence DKMS 460, but not will be installed" thus not start download the driver.
Using PPA from launchpad ALSO not is possible install with the same error.
Using current driver 460 from Nvidia.com not is possible install because need GCC that "sudo apt-get install gcc" not download how if not has an version compatible with 20.04.2.

I have tested and can install Nvidia drivers in Lubuntu 20.04 without a problem. So, it's something at your end. The question is what...

What's the output of:

Code:
sudo ubuntu-drivers autoinstall
?

Simple
Lubuntu fresh install 20.04.2
After using "Additional Drivers" selecting in list ANY driver not does download the driver displaying message error about dependences that not will be installed "460 driver dependence DKMS 460, but not will be installed" thus not start download the driver.
Using PPA from launchpad ALSO not is possible install with the same error.
Using current driver 460 from Nvidia.com not is possible install because need GCC that "sudo apt-get install gcc" not download how if not has an version compatible with 20.04.2.
Not so simple, I got it to install (under a fresh install) and so did @KGIII so it's something on your end like @KGIII already said. Now have to figure out what.

They also have a couple of threads, or are trying to have multiple threads, over on the lubuntu.me site's discourse.

They also have a couple of threads, or are trying to have multiple threads, over on the lubuntu.me site's discourse.

OP(same username) of this thread started that thread on the Lubuntu forum.

What happens when you open a terminal and run the following.
Code:
sudo apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r)
Also try removing the graphics drivers ppa and just installing it from the default repos if you haven't already tried that.

Last edited:
@KGIII
"I have tested and can install Nvidia drivers in Lubuntu 20.04 without a problem. So, it's something at your end. The question is what..."
The problem is 20.04.2 and not 20.04.
20.04 install driver correctly.

"They also have a couple of threads, or are trying to have multiple threads, over on the lubuntu.me site's discourse."
Not.
There is another way not exactly how is being here.

@f33dm3bits
"Also try removing the graphics drivers ppa and just installing it from the default repos if you haven't already tried that."
removing PPA not fix.
I will try only more one time an fresh install 20.04.2. If not install the driver in moment is better return to 20.04.

Another fresh install 20.04.2 and not nvidia proprietary drivers.
Returning to 20.04.
Thanks for all replies.
Have an nice week :)

Staff online