How to change grub in linux ?

price1221

Reaction score
Credits
I just want to change my grub i did some googling and all I got is customize the grub or change boot order. No, I dont want that I want to switch to another bootloader something modern cause from my current grub im facing some errors and i want to change another version of grub or burg bootloader. I dont even know which grub im using grub2 or grub please someone walk me through this.

"grub-customizer" is what you're likely after.

To find your grub version:

Code:
grub-install -V

Note the capital V.

You can read these Grub Customizer tutorials for more details:

Last edited:
Can I switch to another bootloader by grub customizer ?

No. I may have misunderstood your first post. Rereading it, I can't tell if you want to switch or not. (I'd advise against it. grub is nearly universal for good reason. I'd suggest fixing any errors.)

I've know a few folks that used Burg in the past and it didn't work very well.

I'd stick with Grub.

If you'd like to spice up Grub install Grub Customizer.

G'day folks, not being blunt, but some of you are on the wrong track, I believe.

The OP appears to be looking for an alternative Bootloader to Grub(2), of which there are a number, including

rEFInd

@mukto6121 I note you have a number of Posts under your belt. You could save me looking through them and tell us what Linux Distro you are on currently, name, version number and desktop environment, and the name of the distro is something you should include, if not in your Thread title, then certainly in your first Post.

Also have a read of

https://linuxtips.gq/2021/01/19/how-to-ask-a-good-support-question/

which will help both us and you.

On Grub2 itself, it is not out of date, it was updated just the other day.

So it would be more sensible to tell us what sort of problems you see it as causing - we may be able to tell you how to fix them - or else you may just experience them again with another bootloader.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Members online