How to check the delay failover / failback time of the heartbeat / pacemaker using wireshark

Erick Larsen

Reaction score
Credits
Hello guys,
First of all I want to introduce myself,
I am a final student doing research on the heartbeat and pacemaker on Linux. one of the tests I did was to calculate delay failover and failback times from the heartbeat and the pacemaker.
I have tried Wireshark, but I experienced confusion in searching for which field is the time from the transfer of services when experiencing failover or failback. Hopefully someone can answer the confusion that I am experiencing and I will be very grateful if anyone can help me in solving this problem.
thankyou for the response :).

G'day Erick and welcome to linux.org :)

Geez that's a tricky one o_O. First up tell us why a network sniffer is being used in these tests and how?

Next tell us which Linux Distro you are using it on and if you say Kali and this is your first time with Linux I will be forced to shoot you. :D

The more you explain to us what you are looking to achieve, the better we might be able to assist.

I am no expert in Wireshark so it is unlikely I can give you the answers you need. But someone else may.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Staff online

Members online