How to clone Xtra-PC Linux

G'day @SugarBear and welcome to linux.org :)

As you learn to navigate and become familiar with the site, you'll find that if you mouse over a person's avatar, you can see when they were last active, and combine that with when they posted, for an idea of how active they are.

The OP (original poster) @Platypus100 has not been active since the initial dialogue - March 22 my time, may differ for you.

Posters since have basically been talking to themselves/among themselves :D

That being said, the information you have provided is valuable, and not wasted, as it may help others make a choice. That's a Win. Thanks for sharing.

Do consider swinging over to Member Introductions and meeting a few of The Gang, and tell us a little of the SugarBear story.

Cheers

Enjoy your Linux and

Avagudweegend

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Thanks for the welcome. I have been playing around with Linux and it's many "flavors" for about 2 years. I have some experience with using them, but I am still learning as well. I actually found Platypus's post while searching for a way to repair my own crashed version of Xtra-pc. I saw that the last post was in May, but I was hoping he hadn't given up yet and was still checking the thread.

I will go over to the new members area and tell the sugarbear story. It is a royal comedy and tragedy for sure.

Hoping you and your family are safe.

Peace,
SugarBear

Greetings Platypus, and welcome;

I won't be telling you how to clone or make an iso of your xtraPC but would ask you to take a look at the attached post on the forum. It is a description of how to get a Linux Memory Stick to work on a Windows 10 computer. Believe me, it is not an easy thing to do. The xtraPC website makes it sound so easy, but I would guarantee that unless your friend is computer savvy, your friend very likely would not be able to make it work.
This post is one that I wrote for a man from England a short while ago. I think it is worth your time to read. Stage 2 is where all the difficulty of using the stick on Win 10 is explained, and how complicated it is.

Once again, welcome!
Old Geezer
Tango Charlie
13 year old daughter installed Ubuntu 20.04 on her 2010 macbook, originally was just going to make a bootable drive. she looked at some youtube videos and went for it. she said she felt she was becoming a hacker LOL. partitioned hard drive, installed and very proud of herself. it all stated with wanting to purchase a new battery. ended up not buying it but finding out a fix for it and still has 500 more cycles. she made a bootable drive anyway because i wanted one for myself but i let her take the helm. ordered more ram, her macbook can use 16gb of ram but could only afford 8gb. big difference from 2gb. she was determined and did it herself. she had me there just in case but i ended up learning from her. i Like, OLE'!

Staff online