How to comment out sudo adim privileges?

Leonardo_B

Reaction score
Credits
There been number of sudo vulnerabilities in the past . Rather then uninstall sudo,I just want to know which line do i need to comment out to disable sudo adim privileges. From their i will just use opendoas.

Disabling it will do the same as deleting it. It will be put out of commission. And if you do put in a backdoor that will allow you to enable it again in certain circumstances, then you might as well not do it in the first place, savvy?

Listen, I hope you don't see this as a personal attack against you, which it is not, it am genuinely interested in what you have to say in the question I'm posing to you:

Multimillion dollar/euro/whatever corporations, who use Linux, and whose livelihood depends on their systems being secure, think its a bad idea to remove or disable sudo. what makes you think you know any better?

There have been a number of security vulnerabilities in pretty much every piece of software you use, including the kernel - which has probably had tens of thousands of vulnerabilities over the years.

Comment out the following line in the sudoers file,

Code:
%sudo   ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL

Last edited:
If you comment out that line with a "#" character, it will prevent members of the sudo group from using sudo. Test your other solution for superuser (root) privileges first to make SURE it works.

Remember to use the "visudo" command to edit the sudoers file instead of an ordinary editor.

(Edit: Update to match edits in related posts.)

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online