How to Download Logs From CentOS7

arghon

Reaction score
Credits
Hello everyone. I' m Proxy Seller on Turkey. I have 22 virtual servers. Police forces in Turkey are asking us for logs in illegal cases. How can I download my vps logs to my local computer everyday?
Thank you.

You can download your log files using sftp.

Thanks for fast feedback. Which files should I download to my computer?
Are all the files in var/log ?
What log files are they asking for? Isn't is smarter to proxy sell vpses outside of Turkey to avoid this problem that you have to give the government log files. Also what's the definition of activity in your country, that definition varies per country depending on the type of government.

I'm selling proxies inside of Turkey. For example, if someone whom I am selling a proxy for attacks any website. Its illegal case. However they want these from me.
* From which IP connected to my proxy server
* Which websites are accessed
* What he does on the server.

I am a little leery of linux.org or a member assuming any form of legal liability (I live in a very litigious country) so I'm going to add a caveat:

In this and other similar instances, your best choice is to contact a qualified legal professional in your jurisdiction. Advice offered here should not be considered legal advice. Legal advice should come from said legal professional that's licensed to operate in your jurisdiction. We are not qualified in matters of law and it's in your best interest that you consult someone who is.

I am a little leery of linux.org or a member assuming any form of legal liability (I live in a very litigious country) so I'm going to add a caveat:

In this and other similar instances, your best choice is to contact a qualified legal professional in your jurisdiction. Advice offered here should not be considered legal advice. Legal advice should come from said legal professional that's licensed to operate in your jurisdiction. We are not qualified in matters of law and it's in your best interest that you consult someone who is.

Thanks I will consult.

I'm selling proxies inside of Turkey. For example, if someone whom I am selling a proxy for attacks any website. Its illegal case. However they want these from me.
* From which IP connected to my proxy server
* Which websites are accessed
* What he does on the server.
If you are selling proxies then the most obvious choice is squid but I don't know what proxy software you are using, but it will be in /var/log/squid if you are using squid or if you are using some other proxy software replace squid with the name of what you are using.

If I were living in Turkey I would want a proxy or vpn that's outside of Turkey without going into any further discussion about politics.

If you are selling proxies then the most obvious choice is squid but I don't know what proxy software you are using, but it will be in /var/log/squid if you are using squid or if you are using some other proxy software replace squid with the name of what you are using.

I' m using a website which creates proxies. Is it okay to write websites name here?

What proxy software are using?

What proxy software are using?

It' s not a sofware. It' s script. You register on a website and it generates a proxy for you. Website name is createproxy.

It' s my log file.

Last edited:
It' s not a sofware. It' s script. You register on a website and it generates a proxy for you. Website name is createproxy.
I have never heard of that website, find out what proxy software that script installs or use and then look for the name of the proxy in /var/log. If it's a script that functions as a proxy contact their support since it looks like it's a paid service.

It' s my log file.
View attachment 9280
/var/log/3proxy is where the proxy logs will be located at. Also If you don't actually know what you are doing, you shouldn't be selling it as a service because you will be unreliable.

Staff online

Members online