how to factory reset trisquel linux distro( a distro basd in ubuntu 18.04(bionic)) deleting all the files, programs that doesn{t come with installatio

ascampli

Reaction score
Credits
how to factory reset trisquel linux distro( a distro basd in ubuntu 18.04(bionic)) deleting all the files, programs that doesn{t come with default installation archives and programs and deleting all configuration changes that doesn{t come with default installation configuration?

Just copy your personal files to an external disk (or similar) and do a reinstall while selecting the 'erase disk' option during the installation process.

Just copy your personal files to an external disk (or similar) and do a reinstall while selecting the 'erase disk' option during the installation process.
i don wantr to do it using an iso image because virus could have enter into it

That doesn't make much sense.

How, exactly, is a virus going to enter into an .iso? If you're worried about the integrity, just check the iso's integrity.

You're using Linux, beyond that. Software, including viruses, need permission to execute. Just don't give malware permission to execute and it's harmless. If you're concerned, verify the integrity of your download.

Edited for a nicer tone:

Welcome to Linux.org

After you have reinstalled, take a Timeshift snapshot.
This will give you the system in its original pristine condition, free of configuration changes etc

Welcome to Linux.org

After you have reinstalled, take a Timeshift snapshot.
This will give you the system in its original pristine condition, free of configuration changes etc
and how do i reinstall without using an iso image ?

Who said anything about reinstalling without an iso image!?

READ what @KGIII actually said:
1. copy your personal files to an external disk

2. do a reinstall while selecting the 'erase disk' option during the installation process.

3. check the iso's integrity. HERE
I doubt you need to check the integrity of the iso.
If it is the same one you installed with before, then it should still be ok.....there is no reason that it would not be.

Follow 1. & 2.

i don wantr to do it using an iso image because virus could have enter into it
Hi,
1. If you think that the old ISO file was corrupted, then download the ISO file again from the Trisquel website. Use another computer if you think that your first PC is infected by virus.
2. Install GTKHash to verify the ISO.
sudo apt-get update -y
sudo apt-get install -y gtkhash
3. Verify the ISO by using GTKHash.
Read the GTKHash Tutorial here
Get the checksum info for Trisquel here

3. Copy all your personal files into external drives.
4. Reinstall.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts