How to Fix Ubuntu Doesn't Boot After Installing in UEFI

Vrai

Reaction score
Credits
Here are some links to a couple videos I stumbled across a while ago.
I found them quite interesting and thought they might be useful to anyone having trouble booting in UEFI/EFI mode.

Thanks for reminding why I don't like Acer. They don't trust the user, and that reflects in how they have implemented UEFI.

If you want, you can certainly use a password to protect the BIOS/UEFI, but the MB maker should not make that decision for you. Just look at how many perfectly good laptops especially, are on sale at low prices because a previous user either forgot to unset the password, or forgot the password and are simply are dumping the laptop.

Setting up UEFI for a single boot Linux is very easy, and the UEFI menu (implementation) should never get in the way.

Thanks for reminding why I don't like Acer. They don't trust the user, and that reflects in how they have implemented UEFI.

If you want, you can certainly use a password to protect the BIOS/UEFI, but the MB maker should not make that decision for you. Just look at how many perfectly good laptops especially, are on sale at low prices because a previous user either forgot to unset the password, or forgot the password and are simply are dumping the laptop.

Setting up UEFI for a single boot Linux is very easy, and the UEFI menu (implementation) should never get in the way.
Agree 100%