I want to install Parrot OS mainly,

But the latest version parrot os 4.11.2 settings are different

Picture from the new version

1.png

Picture from the old version

2.PNG

Where do I find this option? On the latest version

التقاط.PNG

You need the top option "Try / Install", after that you will be booted into the Live environment where you can click on a desktop icon "Install Parrot".

But I don't want to live

I want GTK GUI
That's the only way to install, after you enter the live environment you click on "Install Parrot" a GUI installer then launches and you can install ParrotOS from there using a GUI.

Why do you say the only way to install
There are many options
That's the only way to install, after you enter the live environment you click on "Install Parrot" a GUI installer then launches and you can install ParrotOS from there using a GUI.

Have a read.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you say the only way to install
There are many options
Yes there are several ways to install, I meant easiest way to install. since you didn't specify how you wanted to install I was assuming you were looking for the installer. If you wanted something specific you should have mentioned it in your original post, which you didn't.
I want to install Parrot OS mainly,
But the latest version parrot os 4.11.2 settings are different
Where do I find this option? On the latest version
You asked how to install, I explained to you how you can get to the GUI installer which is the most straight forward way to install, or else the option wouldn't be called Try/Install but named something else. If you were going to install ParrotOS to a usb drive you would probably either choose the "Persistence" or "Encrypted Persistance".
Also the installation documentation shows the exact same steps to install ParrotOS as I already explained to you.

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't understand much
I want a video of the best install. From .Try / Install
Why don't you try it and see how far you get, you learn from by doing it yourself and making mistakes because that is how everybody else before you learned Linux. How hard is it to follow an installation guide with pictures, it's not like you can mess something up during installation unless you are planning to dual-boot. When the installer opens do the following.

1. Select your language and click next.
1.png

2. Select your time-zone and click next.
2.png

3. Select your keyboard language and click next.
3.png

4. Select "Manual partitioning" and click next.
4.png

5. Click on "New Partition Table" and select Master Boot Record(MBR) and click OK.
5.png

6b. Select "Free Space" and create enter the size 10000 Mib, select linuxswap filesystem for swap and click OK.
6.png

7. Select "Free Space" and click Create. Enter the size 40000 MiB(or whatever size you want/need but 40 or 50G should be more than enough for /), enter mount point / and click Ok. Here are different sizes in case you want a / bigger than 40G.
- 50G -> 50000 MiB
- 100G -> 100000 MiB
- 150G -> 150000 MiB
- 300G -> 300000 MiB

7.png

8. Select "Free Space" and click Create. Leave the remaining size for what it is, select the filesystem ext4 filesystem , select mount point /home and click OK.
8.png

9. This is what your partition layout and filesystem setup looks like now. Click Next.
9.png

10. If it complains about it being GPT better just click OK.
10.png

11. Enter the detail of your user, the computer name and click Next.
11.png

12. It Shows you an overiew of your location, keyboard and partitions. Now click Install.
12.png

13. When it comes with a popup click on "Install now".
13.png

14. The system is now installing.
14.png

15. After it finishes it will ask you to reboot, click "Done".
15.png

16. Before rebooting your system will ask you to remove installation media and to then press enter.
16.png

17. After your system has rebooted you should now see a login screen.
17.png

If that isn't good enough go to youtube yourself and search for a video, I am not your your private tutor.

Last edited:
It would seem you have been given adequate help.

If you are not willing to search youtube/google duckduckgo etc etc, then it is unfair to continue expecting help fro members here.

Help is a two way street. It involves input from you. Perhaps you do not have the experience to handle a distro like Parrot OS

Parrot have their own forum. it would be wise to seek help there

The only thing i would say is that Coding on Linux , installing and using Linux can get you down but don't let it get to you ..Re:
But I don't want to live

PS i know you meant Live as in usb , but its always good to nurture a sense of humor
:^) even if its quite dry.

From what i can see it seems fairly straight forward as others have said; boot from usb , get live up and running , click the install icon on Desktop of running .I would just get it up and running then maybe tweak things if you don't like the default install. For instance i got Arch up with xfce Desktop , then switched to Cinnamon .

Any other thoughts @Alone in the Dark ? We do appreciate language problems . Another approach which mods don't usually like but may consider this a one off case is comment in your own language , then i for one am willing to translate and see if we can move forward with this

Why don't you try it and see how far you get, you learn from by doing it yourself and making mistakes because that is how everybody else before you learned Linux. How hard is it to follow an installation guide with pictures, it's not like you can mess something up during installation unless you are planning to dual-boot. When the installer opens do the following.

5. Click on "New Partition Table"
6. Select Master Boot Record(MBR) and click OK
7. Select "Free Space" and Create
8. Enter the size 1024 Mib, select ext4 filesystem for /boot, select the /boot mount point and then click OK.
9. Select "Free Space" and click Create.
10. Enter the size 2048 MiB(or whatever size you want/need) for swap, select filesystem for swap linuxswap and click OK.
11. Select "Free Space" and click Create.
12. Leave the remaining size for what it is, select the filesystem you want(looking at your previous post you used btrfs) , select mount point / and click OK.
13. Click Next
14. If it complains about it being GPT better just click OK.
15. Enter the detail of your user, the computer name and click Next.
16. It Shows you an overiew of your location, keyboard and partitions.
17. Click Install and when it comes with a popup click on "Install now".
18. The system is installing, after it finishes it will ask you to reboot, click "Done".

If that isn't good enough go to youtube yourself and search for a video, I am not your your private tutor.

8. Enter the size 1024 Mib, select ext4 filesystem for /boot, select the /boot mount point and then click OK.
10. Enter the size 2048 MiB(or whatever size you want/need) for swap, select filesystem for swap linuxswap and click OK.
12. Leave the remaining size for what it is, select the filesystem you want(looking at your previous post you used btrfs) , select mount point / and click OK.
13. Click Next
18. The system is installing, after it finishes it will ask you to reboot, click "Done".

13. Click Next

Well, here are the specifications of my device
500 GB hard disk
SSD
16 GB RAM

Suppose I want

swap 10 GB

will be the system .. ext4 300 GB

The remaining space will be for personal files .

How would the partition be, can you show me a picture so I can do the same?

I'm sorry for the inconvenience

I spelled it out for you step by step in my previous post, if you can't follow a simple set of instructions then I can't help you.

I spelled it out for you step by step in my previous post, if you can't follow a simple set of instructions then I can't help you.
Why are you mad at me?
All he wants is a picture of what the partition will be like.
Can you show me a picture so I can do the same?
all. what do I want
Illustrative picture only

Why are you mad at me?
All he wants is a picture of what the partition will be like.
Can you show me a picture so I can do the same?
all. what do I want
Illustrative picture only
I'm mad at you because I took a fair amount of time to go through the installation writing out those instructions for you and you're not even attempting to use them. Find someone else to be your private tutor if you are not willing to use to help you are getting.