How to install Parrot OS latest version parrot os 4.11.2

Please read the 2nd link in my signature.

Simple question @Alone in the Dark

In your first Post in this Thread, you showed us 2 screenshots, one of Parrot 4.11, and the second of Parrot 4.8

1.Do you have Parrot 4.8 installed currently, and is it working (it doesn't matter how fast or how slow)?

2.Are you trying to install Parrot 4.11 in the hopes of it being quicker, and to replace 4.8?

Please answer these 2 questions and I will explain.

Helpers, please hold off, for now, on proceeding further until the Original Poster answers. And of course, thank you all, as always, for your input and assistance.

Thanks

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

All he wants is a picture of what the partition will be like.
Can you show me a picture so I can do the same?
all. what do I want
Illustrative picture only
Sorry for the inconvenience, friends
I updated my original post with pictures.
Suppose I want
swap 10 GB
will be the system .. ext4 300 GB
The remaining space will be for personal files .
How would the partition be, can you show me a picture so I can do the same?
In the instructions with pictures I did the following for partitioning and filesystems.
1. Setup a 10G swap space filesystem.
2. You don't need 300G for the / (root) filesystem, 40-50G should be more than enough. But if you like you can change it according to what you want, I added a conversion table if you do want a bigger /(root) filesystem.
Code:
- 50G -> 50000 MiB
- 100G -> 100000 MiB
- 150G -> 150000 MiB
- 300G -> 300000 MiB
3. The remaining space assigned to /home for personal files.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll repeat myself

Helpers, please hold off, for now, on proceeding further until the Original Poster answers.

That is, the answers to my 2 questions. Proceeding further is irrelevant, or at least premature, if what I suspect is correct.

TIA

Wizard

Simple question @Alone in the Dark

In your first Post in this Thread, you showed us 2 screenshots, one of Parrot 4.11, and the second of Parrot 4.8

1.Do you have Parrot 4.8 installed currently, and is it working (it doesn't matter how fast or how slow)?

2.Are you trying to install Parrot 4.11 in the hopes of it being quicker, and to replace 4.8?

Please answer these 2 questions and I will explain.

Helpers, please hold off, for now, on proceeding further until the Original Poster answers. And of course, thank you all, as always, for your input and assistance.

Thanks

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz
I'm currently on Windows
You have downloaded the latest Parrot OS 4.11.2
But I haven't proven it yet
I think I'll prove it tomorrow

I updated my original post with pictures.

In the instructions with pictures I did the following for partitioning and filesystems.
1. Setup a 10G swap space filesystem.
2. You don't need 300G for the / (root) filesystem, 40-50G should be more than enough. But if you like you can change it according to what you want, I added a conversion table if you do want a bigger /(root) filesystem.
Code:
- 50G -> 50000 MiB
- 100G -> 100000 MiB
- 150G -> 150000 MiB
- 300G -> 300000 MiB
3. The remaining space assigned to /home for personal files.
I want, / boot bigger.

Because previously, /boot was full

See previous installation

previous installation

If your boot is full try removing some of your old kernels and the associated configuration files to free up the space it is packed full of junk you probably do not need

If your boot is full try removing some of your old kernels and the associated configuration files to free up the space it is packed full of junk you probably do not need
Well, the division will be like this

1 - 10000 MiB > linuxswap
2 - 40000 MiB > ext4 /
3 - 461992 MiB > /home

Would it be good / boot. ؟

Your Lordship the OP does not yet have an install that would allow him to cull files from /boot - he has a live USB of Parrot 4.11 and is looking to an answer on how to best partition it for his circumstances.

OK, @Alone in the Dark , I take it English is not your first language, so maybe you need to use a translation facility to better answer our questions and to ask yours.

Most popular is Google Translate at https://translate.google.com/

... but in recent times, we have found a slightly better job is performed with DeepL

https://www.deepl.com/en/translator

You referred us to

previous installation

from January.

Question 1 - At that time, did you have Parrot 4.8 actively installed on your hard drive alongside Windows?

Question 2 - Is it Windows 10 that you are using?

Question 3 - If it is Windows 10, does your computer have UEFI support, that is, does it have a small partition of 100 MB to 500 MB, called either of

ESP or
EFI System Partition

And if so, how large is it and how much of that space is used?

Wizard

Your Lordship the OP does not yet have an install that would allow him to cull files from /boot - he has a live USB of Parrot 4.11 and is looking to an answer on how to best partition it for his circumstances.

OK, @Alone in the Dark , I take it English is not your first language, so maybe you need to use a translation facility to better answer our questions and to ask yours.

... but in recent times, we have found a slightly better job is performed with DeepL

You referred us to

from January.

Question 1 - At that time, did you have Parrot 4.8 actively installed on your hard drive alongside Windows?

Question 3 - If it is Windows 10, does your computer have UEFI support, that is, does it have a small partition of 100 MB to 500 MB, called either of

ESP or
EFI System Partition

Wizard
do you mean here

Attachments

• التقاط.PNG
    التقاط.PNG
    67.2 KB · Views: 226

You referred us to

from January.

ESP or
EFI System Partition

Wizard
What do you think about entering my device?
Via AnyDesk
To know all the specifications

Well he did say -
"I want, / boot bigger.
Because previously, /boot was full" #26
So if he cleaned out his previous boot i.e. remove some old kernels and clean out some old config files he would not need to reinstall

I want, / boot bigger.

Because previously, /boot was full

previous installation
You don't need a separate /boot partition and you didn't mention it in this topic, do you expect me to read your mind or to look into my crystal ball to see what you are thinking? You can divide step 6 in two steps, 6a /boot and 6b swap, here's 6a.

2 - 40000 MiB > ext4 /
3 - 461992 MiB > /home

Would it be good / boot. ؟
6a. Select "Free Space" and click Create. Enter the size 1000 MiB(1G, so bigger than you had before), Select the ext4 filesystem, select /boot as mount point and then click OK.
6a.png

Last edited:
Well he did say -
"I want, / boot bigger.
Because previously, /boot was full" #26
So if he cleaned out his previous boot i.e. remove some old kernels and clean out some old config files he would not need to reinstall

Do you mean I don't need a separate boot partition/partition ؟

2 - 40000 MiB > ext4 /
3 - 461992 MiB > /home

I hope the system is fast and does not fill up quickly

What do you think about entering my device?
Via AnyDesk
To know all the specifications

Not going to happen. We are unable to give that type of support. You get that if you have paid support at Microsoft.

I have to go out for a bit but I will return with more.

On Posts at #32 and #33, @Lord Boltar and @f33dm3bits -

While it is helpful to know what the OP has said in other Threads, for background, it cannot be relied on, as he is unable to fully explain his needs.

For example, from

https://www.linux.org/threads/what-is-the-best-preparation-install.32698/post-111910

He has BTRFS in the picture, not EXT4.

I am trying to work to a method here, to get the answers we need, but it is difficult with English not being the OP's first language, and not translating properly.

@Alone in the Dark do you mind my saying where you are from, or do you want to tell us?

Wizard

Not going to happen. We are unable to give that type of support. You get that if you have paid support at Microsoft.

I have to go out for a bit but I will return with more.

On Posts at #32 and #33, @Lord Boltar and @f33dm3bits -

While it is helpful to know what the OP has said in other Threads, for background, it cannot be relied on, as he is unable to fully explain his needs.

For example, from

https://www.linux.org/threads/what-is-the-best-preparation-install.32698/post-111910

He has BTRFS in the picture, not EXT4.

I am trying to work to a method here, to get the answers we need, but it is difficult with English not being the OP's first language, and not translating properly.

@Alone in the Dark do you mind my saying where you are from, or do you want to tell us?

Wizard

my language is Arabic
I'm trying to understand you through Google Translate
I have little experience in hacking
But installing the system is tiring for me
I'm sorry friends
Forgive me for the inconvenience
I won't bother you guys again, I promise.

my language is Arabic
Use Google Translate and follow the instructions on the Parrot OS website. It is straightforward already.
ParrotOS installation (translated to Arabic with Google Translate): Click here for translation

ParrotOS configuration (translated to Arabic with Google Translate): Click here for translation

How to use Google Translate: Copy the link and then paste into Google Translate to translate the entire website. If you use Google Chrome/Chromium, you can also translate directly from the browser. Based on my research, Google Translate is the best for Arabic, but it is still not accurate.
google-translate-arabic.png

Not many people on this forum are using this OS. You have a better chance of getting support by asking on the Parrot OS forum rather than here.

Last edited:
Use Google Translate and follow the instructions on the Parrot OS website. It is straightforward already.
ParrotOS installation (translated to Arabic with Google Translate): Click here for translation

ParrotOS configuration (translated to Arabic with Google Translate): Click here for translation

How to use Google Translate: Copy the link and then paste into Google Translate to translate the entire website. If you use Google Chrome/Chromium, you can also translate directly from the browser. Based on my research, Google Translate is the best for Arabic, but it is still not accurate.
google-translate-arabic.png

Not many people on this forum are using this OS. You have a better chance of getting support by asking on the Parrot OS forum rather than here.

I did not know you could do that with google translate.... good to know :)

Members online