how to open window along side linux

Reaction score
Credits
i want to downlaod window like double boot i know linux give a feature at installation to double boot along side lwindow but my pc is on full linux and i have to work with some window application is ther eis any option so i can donload window without deleting linux also i only have one drive

As @arochester said, the easiest way is probably to run Windows as a VM. VirtualBox is an easy to use option. It allows both OS to run at the same time.

Another option is dual-booting, but it has it's downsides. 1. Only one OS can run at a time. 2. Windows doesn't play nice with Linux's bootloader, and will often break Linux after a Windows update. Not terribly difficult to recover from, but inconvenient. Upside to dual-booting is that Windows has direct access to your hardware, so if you're playing games, you'll have a better experience.

As @arochester said, the easiest way is probably to run Windows as a VM. VirtualBox is an easy to use option. It allows both OS to run at the same time.

Another option is dual-booting, but it has it's downsides. 1. Only one OS can run at a time. 2. Windows doesn't play nice with Linux's bootloader, and will often break Linux after a Windows update. Not terribly difficult to recover from, but inconvenient. Upside to dual-booting is that Windows has direct access to your hardware, so if you're playing games, you'll have a better experience.
So can I directly dual boot window or have to uninstall Linux and then install window and then dual boot it

So can I directly dual boot window or have to uninstall Linux and then install window and then dual boot it
Dual booting takes planning, specifically in how you partition your hard drive. Do you have an empty partition on your hard drive big enough to install Windows on?

VMs do not require the same type of planning, because the hard drive is also virtual.

Dual booting takes planning, specifically in how you partition your hard drive. Do you have an empty partition on your hard drive big enough to install Windows on?

VMs do not require the same type of planning, because the hard drive is also virtual.
I am running a heavy software so it cannot run properly on vm , i don't have additional partion but also i cannot make one idk it just cannot happen although i have 700gb free space

Members online

Latest posts