How to Put Files in the opt or usr Folder?

endruschat100

Reaction score
Credits
Thank you for the information you've written in the thread with the console Keyword!
I have a Medion Akoya Notebook E7420 with a Intel chipsets.this device ist 5years old and i geht IT from Aldi Nord.
I already installed Windows 10& Neptune distribution.
If you Like,you can write this Linux Orders Here again.
I suppose,that my device will Not supported from Windows 11.

I would Like to ASK Here,If i Start this console i'm in the Home Folder.
I tried to get Out of this and to the opt Folder and Check the prompt from the Other thread.
Cdo and the Rest doesn't Match.
What's wrong?
I'm Not an experienced Ace in this cases.

Usually this is a permissions thing.

Normally users have read/write permissions to their /home/user directory but hardly anywhere else.
Usually /tmp works also.

If you want to copy or remove files from a system directory (such as /opt)
Try... sudo cp /home/myuser/myfile /opt

A good solution, thanks,but IT IS Not possible to get from the console Out from the Home Folder-to /opt or /usr?
Or to a another device Like Intenso USB directory?

I'm sorry but after i entered my User Password-an Error Message called:
"Executing dolphin with sudo is Not possible due to unfixable Security vulnerabilities"
Should i try IT with a Other File Manager?
I think that only dolphin is installed

Yeah, install another file manager. There's probably some setting that will let you open Dolphin as root, but I don't use Dolphin enough to tell.

That's No Problem for me to Take a Other Browser,How could i find Something?
Please poste a useful Link

Could someone describe,what IS the meaning of this prompt-"sudo"-or in Combination with a File Manager?

Pick one. There are many file managers. Try nemo, with 'sudo apt install nemo'.

Then open it with 'sudo nemo'.

The 'sudo' is 'superuser do' (though it can be used with other users) and lets you do things with elevated user permissions.

Sorry this didn't Work correctly.
IT seems,that Not a complete Installation ist possible,i See Here error Messages called
"The certificate ist Not trusted.the certificate
Chain uses expired certificate
I can't Download this File packages for this Software,sorry.
Maybe i should try another Software?
But i really know any names!
Could i perhaps Install Other File Manager s
With this Order:
"Sudo apt Install______"?

Can you post the complete output of 'sudo apt install nemo' for me? Wrap it in the code tags.

See image:

Screenshot from 2021-09-30 13-35-23.png

Sure, since 1hour i connected the device with a fast WLAN,but i'm Not Sure,If i need this
By installing this Nemo File Manager?
I updated the Linux distribution.
And Here i have no Connection to Internet,only Aldi Talk with a Android Handy!
That the communication Method i use Here.
I've uploaded the Output you want.

Attachments

• install-nemo.txt
    15.2 KB · Views: 220
Thanks! Your problem is your repositories. That's why you can't install anything. (Then, when you're done fixing those, you can also do the --fix-missing that it's suggesting.)

I'm not a heavy Debian user - and it looks like you're using Debian. If you're using Debian, then see this link:

If you're not using Debian, use a search engine and look up how to reset your repositories to default.

I think,this what i use IS a Debian-Distribution.maybe the Link you send is helpless&i will read all& thanks & perhaps
I poste next Werk a solution, good Bye

Excuse me,i ASK me where is for example the different between systems Like mageia & Neptune? mageia Looks like a gnu-interface and Neptune Like Debian,but i don't Unterstand the different between the distribution!

I've uploaded the Output you want.

Please don't post output that we need to download in order to view. Just follow the instructions that @KGIII gave you to copy and paste the text to your Reply Pane - the red arrows show what to click.

Excuse me,i ASK me where is for example the different between systems Like mageia & Neptune?
Off Topic. Please post in a new Thread in General Linux.

Thanks

Wizard

Hi Wizardfromoz!AS you Wish,i will create a new thread...
Please give me Tipps & instructions how i can Copy&Paste Text in my reply pane?
i'm Not Sure which Red arrows you mean?
thank you

Members online