Howdy All

Drgrizzlee1

Reaction score
Credits
New here. I new to linux, I am building a machine to join the meme wars from a safe virtual machine...Now I just read that we should not post questions, because the answers are already on the msg board someplace, to me that just seems to be a "dick" way to act. Anyway I have lots of questions, but do not have 3 years to read an entire web pay looking for information. I need drivers for pop os would like to listen to music and post pepe mems lol
DrGrizz

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to the forums
Although Pop is based on Ubuntu, it is not a general distribution, it has been constructed to run specifically on system76 hardware, if it works out of the box on your kit, Great, If not it can be a pain in the butt to get working correctly, In many cases normal Ubuntu fixes do not work. If you don't want to spend the time learning Linux [finding and fixing is an integral part of being a Linux user] you will not enjoy the learning curve involved
If you take the time to look at the following topic, you will find a link to the official Pop forums

Hello DrGrizz,
Welcome to Linux.org.

New here. I new to linux, I am building a machine to join the meme wars from a safe virtual machine...Now I just read that we should not post questions, because the answers are already on the msg board someplace, to me that just seems to be a "dick" way to act. Anyway I have lots of questions, but do not have 3 years to read an entire web pay looking for information. I need drivers for pop os would like to listen to music and shit post pepe mems lol
DrGrizz
You can ask questions and I do all the time...chill.

I removed the vulgarity. This is a PG-13 site.

Of course you can ask questions. You mis-read something - or perhaps PMed someone instead of asking in the forum itself.

Maybe read this thread:

Well I m sorry if I burned someones Eye's or injured someones brain, but as Usual some Jerk has to be demeaning to someone seeking knowledge as the Sit on on there HIGH horse!! If you don't want to help, That is fine, But Know your the type of Geek I used to beat up until they did my homework.

Attachments

• nerd.jpeg
    nerd.jpeg
    7.4 KB · Views: 184
If you can not abide by the rules, you can not be here. It's pretty simple.

I really dislike banning people. If you want to be a member of the community, you must abide by the community's rules. I didn't make the rules, I just help people follow them.

And, if you were truly seeking knowledge, you'd do your own homework.

What kind of drivers for Pop OS are you looking for?

Well I m sorry if I burned someones Eye's or injured someones brain, but as Usual some Jerk has to be demeaning to someone seeking knowledge as the Sit on on there HIGH horse!! If you don't want to help, That is fine, But Know your the type of Geek I used to beat up until they did my homework.
Perhaps it is time you grew up (became mature).
In the real world you are responsible for what you do. No one is going to hold your hand like your mama very likely still does.
If you want to become proficient with Linux, you will have to do the work yourself to get to that level.
My 9th grade teacher once said "I can teach you, but I can't learn for you!" (That was part of my growing up process).
The people on this forum are very willing to help with your questions, but, they cannot learn for you!
Learning is your responsibility. Get used to it.
Old Geezer

"I can teach you, but I can't learn for you!"
"A teacher will appear when the student is ready" Sometimes a lesson should be a bop on the noggin. Hi, hello, answer my questions or I will beat you up, seems to not be effective.

There is a learning process in Penguin-ism. There are problems even those with years of doing, do not get right away, yet relish in the challenge of solving. Then there are those problems usually biped-related, that even the best problem solver should just say nope ain't gonna help that one. "Do, there is no try" -Yoda. But sometimes it should be "Stupid is as stupid does" - Forrest Gump

"A teacher will appear when the student is ready" Sometimes a lesson should be a bop on the noggin. Hi, hello, answer my questions or I will beat you up, seems to not be effective.

There is a learning process in Penguin-ism. There are problems even those with years of doing, do not get right away, yet relish in the challenge of solving. Then there are those problems usually biped-related, that even the best problem solver should just say nope ain't gonna help that one. "Do, there is no try" -Yoda. But sometimes it should be "Stupid is as stupid does" - Forrest Gump
yeah, but i just want to point out that the OP is obviously trolling us. It's pretty funny but it is bothering KGIII to an extent...

Meh... We have just a few rules. If they can't follow those, I gotta swing the ban hammer. I don't look forward to doing so, but I will - and I will lose exactly zero sleep over it.

Though, I'd be reluctant to ban at the moment. I've finished an entire bottle of wine, the missus is asleep, and I'm now sipping rum on the rocks. 'Snot the best condition for making decisions. Also, it's like midnight.

Meh... We have just a few rules. If they can't follow those, I gotta swing the ban hammer. I don't look forward to doing so, but I will - and I will lose exactly zero sleep over it.

Though, I'd be reluctant to ban at the moment. I've finished an entire bottle of wine, the missus is asleep, and I'm now sipping rum on the rocks. 'Snot the best condition for making decisions. Also, it's like midnight.
Can we have the dark beer logo since that is what i like to drink?! Just kidding, just kidding...i would have to talk to the wizard of oz about that! I want to thank Drgrizzlee1 for making me laugh so much, even though i think you should be paying us to do your homework instead!

Last edited by a moderator:
Better look out, he might beat you up!

I asked for a wine emoticon thingy, but never got one. But, you can ask.

Hmm... I should PM them my address to see if they'll come beat me up.

Welcome! Sure plenty of people who are willing to help you with your questions or problems here. If it's a question that can be answered in a few sentences people will do their best to explain. If it's something that's been talked about a lot before on the web you will get a link to an article or website where you can do some reading yourself so that you can learn for yourself so that you will start understanding after some experience. Also when asking a question tell is what part of something you do understand and what part you do understand, that way no has to guess of what part you are needing help with to understand. As I have learned over the years learning comes experience not from other people tell me what to do.

Members online

Latest posts