HP Envy 110 Printer Puts Out A Blank Page SOLVED

Alexzee

Reaction score
Credits
I have a HP Envy 110 scanner and printer and have HPLIP installed.
The printer printed out a test page from the Cups website when I used it last (about 3 months ago) under Linux Mint 20.3 Cinnamon.

***Now the printer goes through all that it has to do to print a page and the page comes out blank.***

The printer isn't telling me that it's out of ink or that it is time for new cartridges.
I've already tried disconnecting it and reconnected it to see if it would print correctly.

Any ideas what I can do to fix the pages from coming out blank?

You do not get ink levels in Linux for HP printers
if you haven't used it for 3 months then it is most likely the ink has dried up in the printer head

You do not get ink levels in Linux for HP printers
if you haven't used it for 3 months then it is most likely the ink has dried up in the printer head
Ok, thank you.

I installed the new version of HPLIP and the test page printed out light.
The HP Device Manager says that the ink levels are ok.
Screenshot from 2022-08-27 21-18-18.png

Alex, have you considered going colour laser?

What sort of budget are you looking at?

Chris

Alex, have you considered going colour laser?

What sort of budget are you looking at?

Chris
I'm not even sure what colour laser is--
As far as budget is concerned I'm looking at no more than $30.00.

Is that for the consumables, or for the printer itself?

Is that for the consumables, or for the printer itself?
$30.00 for ink or toner.
If I had to purchase another printer I'd have to keep in under $200.00.

I dont know what supplies are like in your area, I have 2 HP printers, and have never purchased any new HP cartages, I know the consumable prices vary widely across the world, so I can only talk about the UK,, I can buy re-filled HP colour cartages for my machines for around £15 [the new HP ones are over £35] or I can also re-fill them myself, My refill ink was just under £10 for 100ml of each colour [enough to refill about 30 times]

Theres another economical choice none lazer ; i have a HP Smart Tank Wireless 455. It has ink reservoirs at the side of the printer. Its claimed you won't have to refill for 2 years - sounds a big claim but i do a lot of printing and so far , it looks like it could be 2 years from purchase to top up !

Thank you all for helping me with this printer.

I've decided to give this printer to someone who can use it. The ink is just too expensive for me.
It's easier to go to my local Staples and pay 20 cents for a few copies.

It's easier to go to my local Staples and pay 20 cents for a few copies.

I don't print a darned thing, really. I don't even have a printer hooked up to the computers.

I do have a printer, but I just send it documents wirelessly with my phone. However, I might print a few documents a year - total. Everything else, I just tell someone else to print it. If need be, I'll use an online fax service. When the printer's ink dries out (or if I can't whack it and make it work again), I donate it to a thrift store and buy a new one.

Everyone that needs to know, knows this. If it's really important, I've got a lawyer who can print it out and deliver it to me.

My print room, back when I was still modeling traffic, used to average $12k a month. Printing can be insanely expensive. That was with a couple of printers being leased, which was actually cheaper than direct ownership. (We could print high-gloss and automatically bind prints. We did own a few plotters. Those weren't leased.)

Members online