HP printer, which one ?

D

darrendazzler

So from my knowledge of Linux (which is still limited at this time), i heard HP is pretty friendly to us Linux users (as apposed Canon who couldn't give a monkeys about compatibility issues). So am i safe with any HP printer, I'm after a cheap multifunction jobbie ?

Well, almost any HP printer. You can see the full list supported by HPLIP at their website at http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/index.html

If you get something cutting edge, you may need to install the very latest HPLIP to get it working. Most distro repositories are not quite that up to date. If you use a printer thats a little older, then your distro might have all it needs already. Take a look at the installation instructions on the website above too. It isn't too hard, but you need to follow it along to get it right.

Cheers!

I have HP Officejet e-All-in-One Printer its really best printer for office.

I have a envy 5530 works great even scans. In ubuntu you might need HPtoolbox if you want to see your ink levels. In Kubuntu the system has it but you must select the driver from the drive list. best thing to do is update as you install the system.

Staff online