i am Extreme Beginner, Need help!!! Need Friends!!!

vam8672

Reaction score
Credits
Dear Members,

there is an issue happens that my 2TB drive can only Read. the drive was used as Pop Os 20.04 Encrypted where i still keep my windows 10 pro on another drive "480GB NVME". After few days i trial the Pop os, i decided to wipe windows 10 pro away and clean installed the pop os to this NVME drive without encryption. everything is done correctly with KDE themes installed (Learn from Chris Titus Tech). until i want to install the steam games library in to the 2TB SSD so it was unable to do that.

problem 1: 2TB SSD permission locked. how to ulock it ?

Problem 2: how to increase swap file sizes to largest than 4gb as default.

hopefully to hear from you. Million Thanks.

i am from Malaysia, Melaka (City of History)

whatsApp: +60182800628
Email: [email protected]

Where do you have the SSD mounted? Do you have the mount information stored in /etc/fstab? What are the permissions for the mount point?

Hi & Welcome to Linux.org.:)

I've never had 'permission locked' on a hard drive before, however; reading this thread might help you to understand some things until another member can help you with that.

If you would like to increase the swap file sizes I suggest downloading g-parted Live and use that to resize your swap partition.
Burn it to a CD/DVD or make a Live USB.

GParted on LiveUSB is a one simple and quick way to resize your swap partition.
For your SSD, i'm sorry i can not be of any help

@vam8672
problem 1: 2TB SSD permission locked. how to ulock it ?

@Alexzee suggested using gparted. I agree. More specifically, Gparted within the latest stable SystemRescueCD, with which I am very familiar.

This Gparted will see the encrypted partition and prompt for the passcode used for encryption originally. Once passcode is entered, sysrescd will take a few seconds to open the parition, which may then be manipulated as desired. One can then create, resize, delete or do otherwize with the swap partition, as well.

A Manual is available. I suggest using it. A very handy set of utilities I have used since the outset!

"Be careful" not to resize your Windows partitions.-;)

FWIW, when I installed my steam games I installed them to the same drive that my Linux os was on.

Members online

Latest posts