I am New to Linux how can i learn Linux,

M

mmummbai

Hi All
I am new to Linux, I have used it, but i have not did a Job, so know i want to make a Carrier in Linux, So what should I do?
How to learn Linux from House, Since i don't have that much money for spending in class, so is there any lessons from which i can make self study, and can i get a job in the field, please help me in getting . Thanking You

Download and install Ubuntu linux until you get used to the file system, the packages and package manager(s) and the command line and test out the different desktop interfaces.

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

Then explore using the other linux distributions.
(If you want to head towards a job in the field, you'll probably want to study networking and programming as well.)

Use it, learn and learn and learn. And have fun! :)

There are plenty of resources in the web where you can learn Linux, Linux_dot_org is one.

Distrowatch.com has all the major and minor distributions listed with some focus on language/region specific distros.

with me I just downloaded it and installed.. of course I have had some background in programming and networking.. just self study really that is the best way, of course if you could find someone to teach you that would be the best way..

to myself, i learn by using a variety of linux distributions. maybe you can try linuxmint first. if you want to be a master, use gentoo or LFS directly, though it is a little vexed.

I learn by installing and configuring stuff. Sometimes I break something and then Google how to fix it. But something that has helped me alot is keeping a journal of what I did and what happened; what broke and how I fixed it (update broke sound, for example - removed PulseAudio and reinstalled ALSA tools). This helps me remember things and gives me a place to go back and look stuff up.

Making it fun,
Artim

I learn by installing and configuring stuff. Sometimes I break something and then Google how to fix it. But something that has helped me alot is keeping a journal of what I did and what happened; what broke and how I fixed it (update broke sound, for example - removed PulseAudio and reinstalled ALSA tools). This helps me remember things and gives me a place to go back and look stuff up.
Artim

Keeping track of how you fixed something used to be VERY important (I started with MacMillan Red Hat 5.2 and the gui was NEVER auto-detected): now, linux is so much better at things. But yes, it is still good to write down fixes that work, cause sometimes trying to find a fix that works on google can lead you through more headaches than not... especially with some of the bad PPA's out there.

Staff online

Members online