I am trying to install Manjaro 20

Bl4ck

Reaction score
Credits
I am trying to install manjaro 20 but it doesn't let me, it says "error: unknown filesystem" and I have tried all the partitions on ls and they all say the same thing

@Bl4ck -- what does the
Code:
fdisk -l
command return? could you include a screenshot for gparted, as well, please?

Do you mean GRUB rescue?
are you installing Manjaro, only?
Give us some hardware information, to begin with -=- make and model of PC, amount or RAM installed, Optical drive or not, etc.

Do you mean GRUB rescue?
are you installing Manjaro, only?
Give us some hardware information, to begin with -=- make and model of PC, amount or RAM installed, Optical drive or not, etc.
16 GB ram at 1333mhz with an intel i3-3220 and a 1tb drive.

It says "error: unknown filesystem" I have 16 gigs of ddr3 1333mhz, an Intel Core i3-3220. all of my partitions (hd0, hd1, hd2) are all the same error, how can i fix this?
FYI -- Double Post is a no-no! But let's continue. . .
16 GB ram at 1333mhz with an intel i3-3220 and a 1tb drive.
OK. Start over and use gparted in install to partiion three partitions -- a root (/) of 24GB, a swap of one GB, and a /home of 100GB. I would suggest leaving the rest of the hard drive Unallocated, for now unless you are going to use very large files for some reason either as apps or to save.

/ ------------ ext4
swap ---------- swap
/home ---------- ext4 or ext3

Can you accomplish this without further assistance, or would you prefer help?

Last edited:
I don't really know how to use linux
Do I have to build a new partition dedicated to linux?

Ok, so I have gparted and stuff and I have an unallocated space of 146.48GB. I wanna do a 102gb for Linux, how many partitions do I have to make and are they ext4? How much space do I need? Keep in mind it's my first time trying to install Linux.
Ok, edit. I just realised that you told me before, but how much space does home and swap need?

Latest posts