i have unbuntu 21.10 installed on flash drive,im new to this. my aim is to run a windows jukebox software on my raspberry pi. so im seeing if it wine.

cortek

Reaction score
Credits
i have unbuntu 21.10 installed on flash drive,im new to this. my aim is to run a windows jukebox software on my raspberry pi. so im seeing if it will work.but getting this error when running trying to install wine.

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386

returns

pkg-config-dpkghook: aviso: Architecture t386 not defined in architecture tables, ignored
pkg-config-dpkghook: aviso: Architecture 1386 not defined in architecture tables, ignored

The Raspberry Pi’s CPU is ARM based, not Intel/x86 based. So the i386 architecture will not be available to you. I haven’t yet owned a Pi, so I’m not clued up on their specs, but I imagine they’ll be using 64bit ARM processors.

A quick bit of DuckDuckGo-fu led me to this:

Which seems to indicate a couple of options for 32 bit ARM in Debian:
armhf and armel.

These architecture options may also exist for Ubuntu and other Debian derivatives.
But I’m not sure if you’ll need to track down and install a complete armhf, or armel build of a Debian based distro to install on your Pi, or whether you can simply add the armhf, or armel architecture to an existing 64 bit install.

I’ll leave that to you to investigate!

Thanks,I've got work todo.maybe just use a Linux jukebox software.need one that looks like real jukebox.

Staff online