I just Love Linux

DevPiggy

Reaction score
Credits
Hello, i am new to this forum, not to Linux. I will say my Linux levels is between beginner and intermediate.
I was a UNIX user in 1991-92, and started again 27 years later. Stupid me installed Kali Linux, because i though i was an expert. But i realized i just knew a little about everything. I screwed up my configurations many times, and got trouble understanding the booting, bootloaders, grub, grub2, etc.
I decided to stop lying to myselves and installed Debian 10 "buster", with i3 Window Manager. Teach myselves to build the tools i need from github, and i just started a Linux Administration course.
I am an old hobby developer in Basic, Pascal, C, Assembly.
I am going to refresh my C & Assembly, together with Python & Reverse Engineering. My first priority is to fill al gaps in my Linux knowledge, and thats why i am here, to learn.
You can call me Devpiggy or Johnny

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello Johnny,
Welcome to Linux.org and the Forum. Good to have you here. Will enjoy hearing about your progress.. We are all here learning and sometime forgetting everyday. Cheers!

Welcome to the forums, you will soon find out, we are all still learning, it's one of the beauties of Linux

""Stupid me installed Kali Linux, because i thought I was an expert. But i realized i just knew a little about everything""

And every time one of the Matrix films are shown, we get an influx of youngsters who think they can download Kali and hack on the second day, only to find they can't even set up their computers to run it.

Welcome to the forum Dev Piggy! I too was a Unix user, in the early 90's When I saw what could be done from the command line... I was HOOKED!!! I got my current job in '94 as a Unix systems admin. Shell scripting has been a passion of mine ever since.
I used Kali back in the later 20teens. Open Vas which... I think was/is a part of Kali. I could be wrong.. I've slept since then. lol I do remember having to build the suite and compile a few things in the latter stages of using it. Anyway, it was (probably still is) one of the best open source pen-testing suite I've ever used. At the time, we had 50 or 60 sites world wide. The reports were really good at showing not only what was suspicious, but had pretty comprehensive remediation information as well.

Good luck in your endeavors!

At least you realized Kali wasn't for you. That puts you ahead of a bunch of people.

G'day Johnny from DownUnder and welcome.

Friday here in Oz so enjoy your Linux and

Avagudweegend

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Latest posts