I looking old verisons FEDORA

CYRIX

Reaction score
Credits
Hello, I was looking for old versions of FEDORA, like 10 or 12, but on the official site https://getfedora.org as well as on other sites, they have deleted the links to older versions. I just want to give a second life to some old socket 754 and 775 type computers
So, I will ask if someone can give me links to old archive versions, 64 bit and 32 bit. Thanks in advance!

This is probably a 'better' URL:

Also, using unsupported software is not a great idea. That's how you end up being a part of the problem, for example some node in a malicious bot net or spam relay.

If these are online systems, you really should just find a modern distro that works or send 'em to the recycling heap. The efficiency of older systems is absurdly bad. In like a year you'll have used enough *additional* electricity to have justified buying something modern and refurbished.

Why and old version? The 754 was developed for the AMD 64 bit processor, it may be long in the tooth but it should run the latest versions of Linux, provided it has at least 2gb pref 4 gb of ram albeit a bit slower than modern machines likewise the 775 was the intel equivalent designed for Xeon and core 2 duo [which I have in my dell lappy] among others,

Addendum
there were a vast array of processors to fit these sockets, if you can tell us which processor is in each board it will give us a better idea.
the boards for these sockets normally have a maximum capacity of 4 gb of ram

Last edited:
I would reiterate @KGIII's warning that using an old unsupported Distro is a very bad Idea. There are many new still supported distros that will work on those machines. 4gb ram is good but if you don't mind slow even 2gbs will work.

AntiX comes to mind for one. And there are others.

Why and old version? The 754 was developed for the AMD 64 bit processor, it may be long in the tooth but it should run the latest versions of Linux, provided it has at least 2gb pref 4 gb of ram albeit a bit slower than modern machines likewise the 775 was the intel equivalent designed for Xeon and core 2 duo [which I have in my dell lappy] among others,

Addendum
there were a vast array of processors to fit these sockets, if you can tell us which processor is in each board it will give us a better idea.
the boards for these sockets normally have a maximum capacity of 4 gb of ram

Motherboard: Asrock Conroe 1333-DVI/H

Chipset name: Intel 995X / 945P / 945G EXPRESS (Lakeport)

Chipset, North bridge: 82945G

South Bridge: 82801GB/GR (ICH7 Family) LPC Interface

CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3000 MHZ

L1 Cache: 2 x 32+32 KB

L2 Cache: 1 x 6144 KB

RAM - 4 GB DDR2-800 MHZ Hyundai ( 4 modules x 1 GB)

Video card -
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
, video memory 512 MB

AMI BIOS 080012

Last edited:
Yep the E8400 is about the fastest CPU made for that board, and you have the maximum RAM, it is quite capable of running any modern Linux distribution you want [but as I said before a bit slower than a modern laptop/desktop]

Going back to the first question, 32 bit distributions have all but deceased, the remaining few will reach end of life in around 4 years, this list a few of those that are still currently available
If you go for a 64 bit mid/lightweight distribution, then some suggestions are, Mint LMDE5, Kubuntu, lbuntu, MX-linux, Linux-lite, peppermint, although there are many others including RHEL based and SUSE based distributions.

RAM - 4 GB DDR2-800 MHZ Hyundai ( 4 modules x 1 GB)
Although you have 800mhz ram installed, it will only be running at the max board speed of 667mhz
what may work to speed it up... [not guaranteed to work but should] install a M2NMVe drive, you will need a spare PCIE slot to do this and an adaptor card, this will make the seek time [read/write speed] up to 10 times faster and reduce the boot time quite a bit

Members online

Latest posts