I need help with network card

N

nikkoN

I have downloaded the drivers for my wireless card and now I need to install it and I don't know how despite the fact that I've been searching how for an hour on search engines and forums, that's why I decided to post instead. So yeah, the drivers are downloaded and I've put them on the desktop. Do I need to place it in a specific folder for installation or leave it as it is (on the desktop)? Can anyone tell me the steps that I need to make.

Thanks a lot!!

nikkoN

What type of files are they? Usually the place you downloaded them from should have instructions.

What type of files are they? Usually the place you downloaded them from should have instructions.

I got it... Now i did those steps:

# tar vjxf r8101-1.021.00.tar.bz2
# cd r8101-1.021.00
# ./autorun.sh

then it told me :

Check old driver and unload it.
Build the module and install
make: *** /lib/modules/2.6.39.4/build: No such file or directory. Stop.
make[1]: *** [clean] Error 2
make: *** [clean] Error 2

I made a search in the home folder and deleted the files of the old drivers manually, is that ok?
Now when I write # ifconfig -a it doesn't give me my network that I used to have, so that means my old drivers are truly deleted and I can install the new ones, right?

Thanks

Looks like you might be missing the Kernel sources for your particularly installed version.

What network card are you trying to work with here? Someone may have installed that particular card, and may be of more assistance.

Members online