i need help

Reaction score
Credits
I am new to mint
i used a torrent download of mint then a burn to a usb drive. I've tried to install several times and it wouldn't boot in on restart at the request of the istall program. i am trying to make my primary computer my linux system, i have attempted installing and erased the drive multiple times. i do not want my os hosted on my drive but rather hosted on my computer.

ive also encountered an error.

when i start up it says: see image

please help, i have a second computer so i can reinstall linux on the drive. thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 20201009_095855.jpg
    20201009_095855.jpg
    1,014.7 KB · Views: 301

Looks like you are using unetbootin to create your bootable usb drive. I've heard a lot of people having problems with unetbootin lately, try creating your bootable usb drive with rufus or etcher.

thank you, hopefully that works.
i have something set up in my primary drive but it doesn't boot in, is there potential of getting that functioning?

(I'll do that, thank you!)

thank you, hopefully that works.
i have something set up in my primary drive but it doesn't boot in, is there potential of getting that functioning?

(I'll do that, thank you!)
Do you mean that you are trying to multi-boot? Windows being your first OS and then trying to install Linux along side Windows?

If you have something installed on your other drive you and it's not booting. You could try going into the bios/uefi and selecting that drive as primary boot device, then save and exit to see if it boots.

i dont want to dual boot (limited storage), purely just linux.
I am assuming you are creating the bootable usb drive from Windows?
Don't forget to backup any existing files that you don't want to lose.
1. Create a bootable usb using rufus or etcher.
2. Put the usb drive in your laptop.
3. Boot from the usb drive, if that doesn't work go into the bios/uefi and select the usb drive as primary boot device.

Also you my want to drive live boot before installing to see if your wireless card works. When booting from the usb most distributions will boot into a live environment and from there you have an install option.

well, doesn't seem to be possible to burn a os on the drive from that computer. so gonna have to stick with this op and unet.
time to figure this out

well, doesn't seem to be possible to burn a os on the drive from that computer. so gonna have to stick with this op and unet.
time to figure this out
What OS do you have to create your bootable usb drive from?

Every instance that I tried using Unetbootin I found that it was broken and booted to a black screen.

You are better off using rufus or etcher like f33dm3bits suggested-:)

Members online

Latest posts