I need to install windows

he852100

Reaction score
Credits
I have a virtual machine that has a hard disk and a partition.
It cannot add any hard disk or CD or U disk

Wrong question

The system is linux and I want to change it. Install windows partitioned.

Now the entire system has only one partition. Can I add partitions?

The system is linux and I want to change it. Install windows partitioned.

Now the entire system has only one partition. Can I add partitions?
Well…. sort of, and mostly. To run it, you will need a program called Wine, which basically does the same job as Windows, only in Linux. If you want more explanation, there are long tutorials and demos around, but best just to read the instructions and try it.

Go to winehq.org and there’s lists of how well common apps perform on Linux. Some run better on wine than on Windows. Some don’t work at all. Most are pretty good.

Systemtic approaches require correct timing End result is the same
IMO, OP should ask the question ia a windows forum, not here. Hence, my initial reply.
But I wish him well, all the same!

Systemtic approaches require correct timing End result is the same
IMO, OP should ask the question ia a windows forum, not here. Hence, my initial reply.
But I wish him well, all the same!
i was just being philosophical

Question: what are you using Windows for?

You just need to tell me how to create a new partition on a hard drive.
Screenshot_20200607_133820.jpg

Last edited:
Looking at image you haven't got much to play with windows 10 takes 30 gig up,your image is showing little over 20 gig and 17 of that is used

If all you are trying to achieve is to have a dual boot VM (Since your initial post mentioned you've a VM), add new virtual hdd and configure the VM to boot from the windows virtual hdd.

nice attitude - @sp331yi answered that already. Gparted.

Like @captain-sensible said you don't have the space. If you don't know how to partition, linux might not be for you. Go to Windows and use the Disk Management

Then, what is it useful for? I cannot attach a new drive, it has no USB and no optical drive.

I cannot start other systems.Space is not a problem, I can free it

i guess if you wanted to "play" with Linux distros without installing them virtual machines were the way to go. There is another (easy when it works) option with Linux OS on a usb that has persistence. Ventoy latest has persistence using an .img file of one gig and .json to configure; unfortunately i think there is a bug because i can't get it to work . I suspect on next release they will fix it; thus you may not have to bother with virtual , the extra software install that goes with it etc ..but not yet !

The easiest way I found to install windows on a ubuntu or any linux only pc is as follows -

1. Download and Extract the entire Windows ISO to any of your drive partition. Just make sure it's preferably an NTFS partition and is not the target partition in which you want to install windows and also don't put all the files inside a folder, just extract in like, say (hd0,5)/.
  2. Now open /boot/grub/grub.cfg in any text editor (with root access) and paste it -
menuentry 'Windows 10' {
set root=(hd0,5)
insmod ntldr
ntldr /bootmgr
}
Now change (hd0,5) to the partition where you have extracted the ISO image. Reboot your computer and choose windows 10 from boot menu.

Windows is Like Blind about ext3 or ext4 partition so you don't have to worry about deleting it accidentally. Once you have installed Windows, you can always install grub to revive your lost ubuntu partition.

I have made a video to show How to install Windows 10 from ISO image in linux GRUB

I found this and it met my requirements. But I cannot create a new partition.

Members online