I only have one hard drive but the file manager is showing two with the same capacity.

Kellynelly

Reaction score
Credits
Hi boys.

I really need some urgent help here! I have a Debian os installed and during my installation via calamares, I selected erase disk, no partition and with disk encryption. Everything went well until…

When I opened my dolphin file manager, it shows (two of the same drives) under devices:

120 GiB Encrypted Drive
120 GiB Hard Drive

As I only have one hard drive and when I click into them the files are identical. Can someone guide me on this?

Thanks

Well i would suggest to do a fresh installtion without enabling disk encryption while installing and later manually enabling it

Debian doesn't use the Calamares installer so you must be running a Debian based distribution. I just installed Debian on a vm with KDE Plasma with an encrypted partition and it shows the same for me so it seems it's default behavior of Dolphin. You can just right click on one of them and select hide.

Attachments

• 2021-07-05_14_25_13.jpg
    2021-07-05_14_25_13.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 168
This is normal behavior because you encrypted the install - basically full disk encryption - two drives show in Dolphin when you unlock it -
Debian doesn't use the Calamares installer so you must be running a Debian based distribution. I just installed Debian on a vm with KDE Plasma with an encrypted partition and it shows the same for me so it seems it's default behavior of Dolphin. You can just right click on one of them and select hide.
Starting from Debian 10 Buster, the live images contain the end-user-friendly Calamares Installer, a distribution-independent installer framework, as alternative to our well known Debian-Installer. https://www.debian.org/CD/live/

Also if the dolphin file manager irritates you can install another file manager such as nautilus...

Members online