I want to speed up the system

And?

You've given us no information to help you. None...

So, without any information to go on... Get an SSD, add RAM, and run as few processes as possible.

Seriously, help us help you. What's slow? What are the bottlenecks? What are you expecting and why are you expecting it? What sorta specs are you working with? What distro are you using?

When the take-off is slow
When opening files slow
Here's my device specifications
Screenshot at 2021-01-14 04-06-38.png

Hmm... That's respectable hardware.

You're using Parrot. So, is it installed or are you running it off a USB or DVD?

How slow are we talking about? How long will it take Firefox to open to a usable state (rough estimate is fine) for example?

When running from a live instance, it takes quite a bit of time for programs to open. This is because they run in RAM - meaning that the entire program must be loaded into RAM so that you can use it.

This also means you'll have reasonably slow boot times.

If you want it to run fast, you'll want to install a distro of your choice.

If you have USB 3 and a USB 3 storage device, it tends to load faster. If you're using a DVD, that's pretty slow as the read rate is not all that great on optical media.

That looks good. Though, you may want a swap partition - or to use a swap file. I'm entirely unfamiliar with Parrot - so maybe someone else will be able to offer some insight. I've booted to the Parrot image just a few times and only to test something.

I too often partition /home as its own partition so that I can easily migrate, though it's easier to just let (most) installers do the work with a single partition.

Some folks say that swap isn't really required with an SSD, but I still make sure to at least use a swap file. Swap isn't just 'space where we stuff things when we run out of real RAM'. It's quite a bit more complicated than that.

Members online