Losers

Reaction score
Credits
Hello everyone :)

I hope you are fine
I am here after too many attempts :)

I have VPS server = "Windows Game Server" in Paris
and i have VPS server "Centos 8" in London

i want use linux as wall for protection from attacks , i'm using IPTABLES for protection TCP/UDP ports,
i want forwarding use masquerading but can't use IPTABLES for forwarding, because it's broke the rules keep forwarding anything o_O
I tried NGinx, it's slow with UDP port ! ..
Now i'm using "ipvsadm" but did not work with real server, it's just work with local :rolleyes:
ipvsadm says
Note: Regardless of the packet-forwarding mechanism specified, real servers for addresses for which there are interfaces on the local node will be use the local forwarding method, then packets for the servers will be passed to upper layer on the local node. This cannot be specified by ipvsadm, rather it set by the kernel as real servers are added or modified.

I don't know what he means "rather it set by the kernel as real servers are added or modified" :oops:

Guys , Open source lovers .. what can i do ? What are the options?
NGinx, ipvsadm, Keepalived, ldirectord

i'm waiting , thank you.

Take your pick here
You may also want to look into WireGuard

Welcome!

Take your pick here
You may also want to look into WireGuard

Welcome!
Example
can forwarding 192.168.1.3:80 To 192.168.1.100:80 ?

can players join to game server without downloading files like vpn or anything ?
Direct connection from IP?

thank you for your reply

Cannot answer that, I don't game online. It seems to me, to be secure, keys would have to be exchanged.

Open online gaming and security -- ARE THEY MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE? I defer to server users.

OP -- post another thread if you have to. In Linux Security perhaps.

Cannot answer that, I don't game online. It seems to me, to be secure, keys would have to be exchanged.

Open online gaming and security -- ARE THEY MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE? I defer to server users.

OP -- post another thread if you have to. In Linux Security perhaps.
thank you for your reply

i don't want any security just i want redirect TCP/UDP port from my Centos 8 to another IP PORT
without using IPTABLES or firewall forwarding,

Example :
you connect to 192.168.1.100:8000 TCP/UDP
will forwarding you to
192.168.22.66:8000 TCP/UDP

i was tried NGinx but it slow with UDP port
Now i'm trying "ipvsadm" but did not work with me i don't now why!!
it's can't forward to an external network,
Xinetd not support redirect UDP port

help me if you can

thank you again.

Last edited:
I found this informative. Am still learning, too. Hope it at least points in the right direction!

Staff online