I went to the official site what do you think this I don't understand what they mean

Reaction score
Credits
I went to the official site what do you think this I don't understand what they mean

Do you mean that the version will be released?
Tuesday, 09 August 2022
???

التقاط.PNG

I've already moved it to the Kali sub-forum:

'Snot a problem and only takes a second. We put all things Kali into the Kali sub-forum.

It's not a version of Kali Linux to be released.

Discord is an area where people can discuss things. Test Lab Environment is an area where you can try out Kali Linux things.

التقاط.PNG

This means that the latest version will be released
Tuesday, 09 August 2022

I asked you at the thread I have locked

@Alone in the Dark

What output do you get from the below command, please?

Code:
inxi -S

Would you answer that please?

Mine looks like this, and if you run your updates regularly, yours should have some similarities. Particularly at the bottom right-hand side.

Code:
inxi -S
System:
  Host: kali2019dot1 Kernel: 5.18.0-kali5-amd64 arch: x86_64 bits: 64
    Desktop: GNOME v: 42.3.1 Distro: Kali GNU/Linux 2022.3

Wizard

FYI, what I am trying to establish here is whether or not (I suspect not) the OP realises that for the last 6 and a half years, Kali has been on a Rolling Release model.

If he has run his updates, then he is already on 2022.3 and this is all academic.

If he does not know that, then Kali is well beyond his skillset, and he should learn more about mainstream Linux distros for 5 years before trying Kali again, and we can advise him on a simpler Linux to use.

BTW my inxi output shows me as being on a host named as

kali2019dot1

because that is the version which I installed under, and I have never had to upgrade that to be current.

Underlining is for the OP, not you, Brian ;)

True, but in my submission, if they are going to be using this Kali, they should?

The top one reads complete off-line installation [for those without internet connection on the machine they intend to install on]

The bottom one reads everything including every tool, [you need to have an internet connection to install this one as it downloads the drivers/codecs and other bits from the host server.]

The top one reads complete off-line installation [for those without internet connection on the machine they intend to install on]

The bottom one reads everything including every tool, [you need to have an internet connection to install this one as it downloads the drivers/codecs and other bits from the host server.]

I think it is Offline installation with customization

best right?

both your arrows point to 64 bit , but the top one is bare minimum .Once installed you would then download using kali repo other things you want. The top one is only 2.9 gig .

The bottom one is 9+ gig and i doubt you would need to download much else. If you download that version and fire it up, you would not need internet to complete the installation

the net installer means 4 to start you only need to download 432 megabytes, once you fire that one up YOU WOULD need to have an internet connection , because it then uses the internet to download core packages etc.

I would go for the top one, and the site recommends it as best option

Members online