I would like very much to delete locked post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anneranch

Reaction score
Credits
Keeping locked post accessible serves of no purpose, this is a discussion forum , and I consider
it a prime source for spammers.
Reply from authoriities is expected.

Keeping locked post accessible serves of no purpose,...

... that you can see.

Some might consider it a sterling example in a prime position for those new to the Forum and browsing to indicate what might happen to people who behave rudely to all our volunteers, old hands and new alike, who give of their time and engage in research the Original Poster has not, to provide whatever help they can that might assist to remedy the problem queried.

Further that in not behaving as described, you undertake to

1. not try to dictate the terms or content or the manner in which it is freely provided to you
  2. and particularly, when URL (internet address) links are provided take the time to read their content, as it saves a huge amount of time for our helpers not having to copy and paste large quantities of text, pictures and videos, let alone risk the infringement on copyright that might be associated with doing same
this is a discussion forum

It is far more than that. You could use a blog or a chat room for that. It is analogous to a teaching hospital, where people can have their ailing or broken hardware or software diagnosed and hopefully corrected.

It provides a consumer information venue for advising or detailing what products are on offer to the user, that have a good reputation or considerable favourable personal experiences.

Not the least, it acts as a Community venue for people to come and enjoy shared interests, and to support each other.

and I consider
it a prime source for spammers.

You are not making yourself clear - the locked Thread, or the Forum?

Reply from authoriities is expected.

That seems to be missing a word, perhaps a typo.

Was it "please"?

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts