Iceweasel...Thoughts?

J

Jim Laughlan

I've been using Iceweasel for a browser and so far it's been fine, but I was kind of hinting to myself about installing Firefox (even though they're practically the same). Any opinions?

Iceweasel is just a Debian FF -- I use it the same. A thing or two in Preferences is all I have noticed different for my usage. Importing or usage with certain interacting websites causes unrecognition, but seems not a problem if I just keep using it.

Changing to Unstable FF may help, if it does. Or, one time I had to install Opera temporarily to interact with some banking site, then once established, used Iceweasel without a problem.

Have not had to do so, of late, however.

I'm happy with Iceweasel. There was an issue with Flash at first, but once I got it installed, there was no longer a problem.

It's OK browser, but it's a little slow for me, idk maybe it's just with me. Java is easy to install on it so there are no problems with that. All in all it's personal preference.

I am not too familiar with Iceweasel, but I personally prefer Firefox, but the GIF is funny.

Humping_iceweasel.gif

Sorry, I prefer Firefox. The new interface is awesome (been using it since its debut on Firefox-nightly)

Slightly off-topic: has anyone else noticed how faster google chrome renders flash on linux? It comes with flash built-in... I love firefox and chromium, but I still keep chrome for flash :/

Slightly off-topic: has anyone else noticed how faster google chrome renders flash on linux? It comes with flash built-in... I love firefox and chromium, but I still keep chrome for flash :/
yeah...I have noticed that also. I have chromium using the same flash as chrome...

Members online