If you have a couple of hours for some old geeky stuff, watch these two videos...

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
I confess, I didn't really watch them attentively. They were on in the background while I did other things. Still, I paid more attention than I did not and found the videos quite interesting. If you're only going to watch one, the first video is probably the most interesting. The second video shows the same facility but only after a whole lot has changed. The second video was also interesting.

And the 2nd video:

Get your inner-geek on and see how much of the old gear that brings back memories of times gone by. I have a couple of really old devices but I just can't find time enough to call it a hobby. So, I don't save my old gear (as a general rule). Instead, I find a new home for it or send it off to be recycled. As I update my gear fairly often, I can usually find a good home for things and people will be able to enjoy the devices for many years to come.

For example, I just gave a (sorta-neighbor) kid a few external drives because they were 1 TB or smaller and I no longer would find them useful. I recently gave a fairly nice digital SLR camera to a home of old people and I included a few lenses so that they could get started. I think re-homing my discarded gear is a better option than recycling. It's far less energy intensive.

Members online

Latest posts