Anyone suffer from drug addiction and alcohol?

On rachmani3652 you can find yourself drinking a lot just out of habit; so first thing to work out has drinking become an addiction or is it a habit
"Man takes a drink; drink takes a drink (habit); drink takes a man" Old proverb from maybe China? Bottom Line: It's progressive. (parentheses mine)

My father was an engineer and insisted he was not an alcoholic until, at age 80, his doctor told my mom not to cut him off the booze completely or it would kill him.

real knowledge comes not from reading a book but when you experience something and gain insight. You can study people and gain psychology knowledge. I went one better i went through hypnotherapy and it opened up a can of worms
Wow. Hypnotherapy. I wanted to be a hypnotist or hypnotherapist back in my magician days in high school. I used to love watching Derren Brown from the UK. There's this guy named Bryan David Philips on youtube who's a hypnotherapist and hypnotist. He's interesting. I think he lives in Japan.

hey @Rachmani3652 ! your around - on the hypnotherapy it worked for me - what you see onstage is not the same as clinical. Basically at some deep level you have to be ready for it, since it means you will have to be ready to take on board stuff that comes up which at the conscious level you had no knowledge of. Thats why working with a consellor doesn't work; the issues are invisible at the concious level and therfore you can not access them to talk about it but for now keep on talking !

yep thanks

I can type perfectly, and coherently, while completely drunk. We're talking close-one-eye-so-you-can-see kinda drunk - and I can still type. I can type exactly what I want to say.

This is not the blessing people think it is. No, not it is not.

No, it's more like a curse. I have made a whole lot of next-day apologies. I have checked my comment histories and had legit shame for my behavior. These days, I don't drink as much and I generally avoid posting any replies while drunk.

Anyhow, if you think you have a problem with drinking, there's help available.

Also, I take Ambien. Now that has led to some interesting posts.

I can type perfectly, and coherently, while completely drunk. We're talking close-one-eye-so-you-can-see kinda drunk - and I can still type. I can type exactly what I want to say.

This is not the blessing people think it is. No, not it is not.

No, it's more like a curse. I have made a whole lot of next-day apologies. I have checked my comment histories and had legit shame for my behavior. These days, I don't drink as much and I generally avoid posting any replies while drunk.

Anyhow, if you think you have a problem with drinking, there's help available.

Also, I take Ambien. Now that has led to some interesting posts.
I'm dismal about whether I can stop alcohol completely. I admit I'm a functional alcoholic like my dad. I'm happy I'm a funny drunk and not and angry one. I'm content with life rn

On rachmani3652 you can find yourself drinking a lot just out of habit; so first thing to work out has drinking become an addiction or is it a habit
And ha 8
[/QUOTE
Habit. I started at 21. I'm 30

if you research the topic of "habits" there are ways to make an impact and at least bring drinking to an acceptable level. Its only a small step from a sophisticated wine drinker considred pillar of society to a wino and the other way around . Don't make the objective to stop drinking; just rein it in a bit .What was going on immediately prior to starting at 21 ?

Last edited:
Ha! I often point that out to people.

Nobody thinks you have a drinking problem, so long as you're drinking it out of a wineglass! I suppose this mostly applies to Americans.

They'll kick you out of the park and charge you with drinking in public, but they'll leave you alone if you set out a blanket and drink your wine from a wineglass. You can drink as much as you want, so long as it's out of a wineglass.

That said, I'll repeat my earlier sentiment, that help is available if one is concerned about their drinking habits.

if you research the topic of "habits" there are ways to make an impact and at least bring drinking to an acceptable level. Its only a small step from a sophisticated wine drinker considred pillar of society to a wino and the other way around . Don't make the objective to stop drinking; just rein it in a bit .What was going on immediately prior to starting at 21 ?
Yeah I've been slowing down. I think I've been doing really good. Maybe 2 shots everyother day.

I'll research the topic of habits. That should help me understanding why I drink. It's just that once in a blue moon I black out and call people or text them or post a facebook message and don't even remember it. That's why I stopped getting wasted. Plus it's easier to play the piano when I'm not wasted. I'm a musician. Anyway. Tmi

Members online

Latest posts