Implementing EAGLE on Ubuntu 21.04

Status
Not open for further replies.

anneranch

Reaction score
Credits
I am not allowed to participate in Ubuntu forum, hence I am asking here.
Did anybody successfully downloaded / installed implemented EAGLE software on Ubuntu 21.04 ?
I downloaded Linux zipped file, unzipped it ,but installer never runs on Ubuntu.

I have managed to dowload Windows version and installed it using Windows.
When execujted using Wine it does not even start.

Eagle as in the circuit design software?

Either way, I cannot help you. I don't use Linux on the desktop and I use DipTrace rather than Eagle.

I am not allowed to participate in Ubuntu forum, hence I am asking here.
Did anybody successfully downloaded / installed implemented EAGLE software on Ubuntu 21.04 ?
I downloaded Linux zipped file, unzipped it ,but installer never runs on Ubuntu.

I have managed to dowload Windows version and installed it using Windows.
When execujted using Wine it does not even start.

Not sure if you've read my previous post, I tested with Mint. In Ubuntu 21.04 it works as well:

1628024020917.png

@anneranch this Thread is duplicating what you have already running here

https://www.linux.org/threads/how-to-run-application.35913/

Is there a reason why I should not lock and delete this Thread?

Thank you

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Attention helpers - no further responses please until this question is resolved. Thank you.
First of all - it is refreshing that you ask .

Ubuntu "manager" does not manage anything, EAGLE "installer" does not install in Linux and does half job in Windows.

The real question is - if EAGLE installer does not work - why EAGLE version 9 no longer have Linux repository - it did in version 3 ...

You may as well close this _ there is no solution and this forum is in no position to "point finger" on real problem when multiple vendors are involved.

Second the first thread was about how to gernally load / instal in Ubuntu . And has been answered.
This thread got into specifics - why EAGLE cannot be installed. Can you see the difference ?

Actually when sombody ask / cares about duplicate THREAD and does not contribute to neither one with a solution - what is their point ?

The real question is - if EAGLE installer does not work - why EAGLE version 9 no longer have Linux repository - it did in version 3 ...

You would have to ask Autodesk about that.

A little Googling found this page

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inst...to-actually-quot-install-quot-on/td-p/7547454

... where a jorge.garcia from Autodesk says in part

Hello @vaclav_sal,

I hope you're doing well. Currently, the linux version of EAGLE doesn't have an installer so once you extract the tarball, just cd into the extract folder and type ./eagle to start EAGLE.

We are working on restoring a formal installer to EAGLE on the linux platform and that will be available very soon.

Mind you, that was on 11-15-2017, nearly 4 years ago.

Other than that, you have to go through the hoops of running it from Terminal, unless you build a .desktop file eg eagle.desktop and then that can act as a launcher from either your desktop or your dock. If you wish to explore that option, ask about it here.

I can, however confirm that the details linked to by @TheProf at your other thread, namely here

https://www.autodesk.com/products/eagle/blog/how-to-install-autodesk-eagle-on-windows-mac-and-linux/

... do indeed work, I have just confirmed that on this Ubuntu 20.04 GNOME I am running currently (similar enough to your 21.04), but I just went as far as the sign in popup and have not created an account.

I am going to lock your other Thread and link to here, as this is more current.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

to me this is a big issue with googling and finding ancient info
and passing it as current.
I found very "autoritative opinions " about EAGEL does not do spice.... I really believe that every post should be visibly dated or google should have an option to sort the finds by date
But that is getting into social part of post , the technical part is
I can run EAGLE and I really do not care what magic made it work.
SOLVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online